Black diamond request

Hi,

This is probably just being lazy but has anyone got or know of any pics of a UR 200 with black diamonds front and rear?
Think i'd prefer black to carbon but wouldnt mind seeing both :wink:

Cheers in advance :smile:

This is mine in carbon 3m wrap

badgei.jpg

I've got the streamline carbon diamonds on my 200.

The original plastic diamonds just popped off after slipping a flat headed screw driver underneath. No bumper off job for the front diamond. Both front and rear were just clipped in and flicked out in one piece.

Quick and easy job just need the correct bonding agent to glue streamlines on. If you want to save the £80 just paint the originals and clip back in place.

I've got a full set of 'how to' shots for both the diamonds and side badges, not a big job by any means - just need the know how.

There are some pretty sound threads on here eith small tips about the whole job, but thought I might do a condensed one.

Last edited:
Looked at the threads, but seems conflicting opinion on whether you have to take bumper off or not :huh:

As im gona paint em i may mask it up and spray it in situe, what could possibly go wrong :smiley:

i to cant b bothered removing the bumper, and i have a habit of not being capable of put stuff back together properly after tking apart, but really want a black front dimond i wonder if black wrap is possible with the diomond still on

Having removed the front diamond from my 197 I struggle to see how you could do it without removing the front bumper.

My next question is, whats the best way to paint chrome black? I'm presuming aggetate surface (rough up) and then spray?

Maybe do a how to guide or someone who's good at spraying do one as I want to do this eventually but ain't gotta clue on how many coats etc

I also want to do this and I plan on having the diamonds wrapped gloss black, I've read that the back pops off and the front is screwed on?? I don't want to try and pull the front off If it is lol And I also read that the back is easier to get off if you take the boot lid lining out and push, rather than pull, will give it a go soon and update if you haven't worked it out already :smile:

My next question is, whats the best way to paint chrome black? I'm presuming aggetate surface (rough up) and then spray?

Yeah that should do the trick, best to rub down/off the old chrome and then prime it and spray it (colour), then lacquer it once your happy, usually the amount of coats is just as many as it takes until your happy. If its properly prepared (rubbed down and primed) then 2 would probably do you, its not really a tough job on something that small.