Black 197 from South Africa

Faultless mate, when you have in front of you its clear how much of a quality built system it is and it fits perfectly unlike the millteks.

Sounds just like a Vtec lump if thats your kinda thing.

More info about primary cat removal please?

Any gains, flatspot issues, difficulty to fit etc?

Removing both CATs is not for the faint hearted.

The Clio 197 does not like to run without CATs. Removing both CATs causes severe powerloss, random misfires, over and under fuelling with the car running lean most of the time in my case.

Flat spots appeared at 2-3k rpm mainly in 3rd at WOT and 4k rpm in 6th at WOT (especially when engine cold).

I fitted new manifold and mini CAT to trick the 1st O2 sensor. I then began the road of remapping the car.

I started by first doing a complete ECU update. Don't even attempt this without disconnecting the fan relay and having a 10A battery charger connected. My car started complaining about low battery.

Then the car was tuned by Henk from Fastchip (brilliant) and I loaded a new calibration file a few times running multiple tests.

The car has a brilliant sound and certainly pushes you back in your seat. I can't remember the car ever having this much power. I'll post a few on road performance tests.

The car is also more economical too. Well only if you step lightly.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mitch1990 Spotted 0
T Spotted 0
Craig_B Spotted 0
B Spotted 0
X Spotted 0