Bit Gutted with my flux insurance

So last year i renewed my insurance with Adrian flux and paid up front £600
recently i decided that it was time to sell my Clio 200 and purchase a new Clio trophy now
my insurance expires in july so i only have a few months left. but i between selling the clio and getting the new car i purchased a run around car
to tide me over till the trophy comes when i rang up Adrian flux i was told to insure the corsa i had to cancel my current insurance and that i would lose my years
no claims. now as you guys can imagine i was gutted to lose my One Years ncb What i wanted to ask is there anyone who has had this before ?
is there anything i can do as i only plan to have the corsa till my new car gets here in may i know its not a hot hatch and only a 1.2 but because i paid in full and
only had a couple months left to go surely there must be something that could have been done to keep my no claims
Any advice Would be Great

Thanks Terry

NCD refers to your period(s) of driving without a claim.

NOT particularly to what vehicle you used when having that claim-free spell of driving.

Flux are being ar5e-wipes IMO.

Ring back and demand to speak to a supervisor / manager / Team leader and ask their reasons on paper / by email etc so you can think and then reply.

I am guessing as you have told them you have sold the Clio they have already cancelled your policy ? What reason was given for having to cancel the insurance ? Are they saying they won't insure it ?

Yeah me too , no-one could get close to their price recently and they even gave me £20 refund for passing on my home insurance details to them to quote me on.

They do say with insurance - "You only really find out how good it is when you have a problem"..........

Tell them to take a hike
im not a flux fan they quoted me over £600 to insure one car
I left and went to a multi car policy with another company and they insured a clio rs , Audi s5 and a BMW X5 all for the same price flux were quoting for one car

Seems to be swings and roundabouts - I was quoted £1,300 for my 200... I'm 35! Went with Admiral for £320 in the end.

Last edited:
Seems to be swings and roundabouts - I was quoted £1,300 for my 200... I'm 35! Went with Admiral for £320 in the end.

I had the opposite, admiral multi car with my parents both with excellent history quoted me £900 for my car, was almost half that last year, flux did it for £600 with a far better policy also.

I've not heard of a company doing this before. It seems odd to me that they would have to cancel your policy just because you had a change of car... Surely it would be a case of paying an admin fee and any other costs related to the swap.

The only thing I can think of is that this was a policy tailored for the Clio, and as such it's not transferable to another vehicle. As above, you really do need clarification as to why they're doing what they are.

As Shuv says, NCD applies to a period of time, but you do have to have held an insurance policy and not claimed for at least one year.

Funny how Adrian Flux are choosing not to comment on this, but are happy to run a new competition............insurance companies will charge what they can from each individual, my Insurance went up cause i now keep it in a very secure underground car park compared to the street where cars get stolen .....

Funny how Adrian Flux are choosing not to comment on this, but are happy to run a new competition............insurance companies will charge what they can from each individual, my Insurance went up cause i now keep it in a very secure underground car park compared to the street where cars get stolen .....

Silence speaks volumes ?

Or will the retort be...."We cant comment on a case by case basis" or some such drivel.

Do we have a dedicated insurance section here ? Is this post likely to have been found and seen ?

Last edited:

Ive noticed the garage premium hike
On confused , I always get a cheaper quote when car is on drive
That's were car sits anyway garage full of rubbish

Ive noticed the garage premium hike
On confused , I always get a cheaper quote when car is on drive
That's were car sits anyway garage full of rubbish

I been told the hike is due to higher risk of scratching your car driving it in and out everyday, but surly people who scratch their car would not claim. Secondly I heard that if someone wants to steal a car in a garage attached to a house a thief would know in what house they are located.... Blah blah blah..... Any excuse, they have it.

I asked for a quote from Flux recently for my 200T. They couldn't match the figures I got off price comparison websites and in the end I went for Hastings who were over £100 cheaper.

Heard great things about them over the years but I was very disappointed.

sorry i haven't been around to reply guys yes in the end i had to cancel the policy and lose the 1 years ncb i would of had i needed to do something quick as i needed
to get to and from work in the end i went to hastings who was £100 cheaper and then when i get my 220t i will just switch it over it was gutting more then anything as
im always upfront about any mileage increase or mods i do and it just seemed as though they didnt care i could understand if i was under 6 months in to my term but i believe i only had 2 and a bit months left :worried:

That is a shame that you had to lose your bonus. Did Flux ever give you a reason why you had to cancel the policy??

[MENTION=51111]jimmyd81[/MENTION] they basically just said that it was because i had not fully completed my years cover and i was not insuring a like for like car :worried:

[MENTION=51590]terrydb[/MENTION] I can't say I've ever heard of that reasoning before. I guess it could have been a bespoke policy for that particular car, which would explain why they couldn't put a replacement on. Not the best outcome really and they should have been a bit clearer with the reasons imo.

Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee that when a client takes out a policy that it would cover every other vehicle in the UK if they wanted to change mid term. Every insurance scheme we have has different vehicle terms. Some modified car schemes for example won't cover a standard car, some schemes won't cover low value cars etc. I appreciate that this type of scenario can be frustrating at times but we would certainly not be alone in this.

We do try to accommodate change of vehicles where possible on the exiting insurance policies but it isn't always possible I'm afraid.

Regards
Dan

Last edited: