Birchdown Auto Services...3rd Service!

Well my little Clio headed to Birchdown Services this morning with my Old Man at the wheel as I had to work and he came home full of praise!

The lads completed a full 3rd service and did a great job. My Dad said as soon as he arrived he was greeted and said the lads knew exactly what needed to be done having spoken to me previously on the phone.

They got the car up on the ramp, checked the problems I had previously spoken to them about including checking my gearbox which they confirmed was normal so I can stop stressing! Anyway they borrowed him their van and my Dad headed into the nearest village for a look around. When he got back they were cleaning my brakes up which are a common problem on the 197 for sticking and installing new pads following them falling apart when they looked at them!!!

The edges were broken up and in one case the pad had completely come away from the backing plate....not good! Even more shocking is that a Renault Sport Main Dealer had previously had the car in a week earlier and performed a safety check saying the brake pads were fine with 60% wear left on them!!!

Anyway the car left Birchdown with a stamp in the service book and my Old man saying what a superb set up and that they knew Clio's inside out having spoken to them for a while. So if you need any work doing I can highly recommend Birchdown Auto Services. From the initial phone call to me ringing them after the service they explained everything and didnt give me any nonsence like my experience of main dealers previously. Their rates are very reasonable and at least you know your car has been cared for like you want it to be when it is being looked at.

So thankyou Birchdown for doing a great job on the 197 :smile:

Cheers Hughsie