200: Clio service and cambelt north wales area "birchdown auto service " ??

Hi my Clio is a 2010 and just on 48k but says service due soon I've rang Renault and they wanted around £150 ish and also my cambelt is due as the car is six year old £720 for a lookers tech to do it but saw a place called birch down auto services in "MALPAS " near wrexham
Has anyone used this garage before and if so please can you comment on your experience cheers

I had my cam belt, aux belt, water pump and dephaser pulley done at the start of the year. I'm from the North West of England (Lancashire) and had quotes from quite a few places locally including Birchdown who I'm sorry to say quoted me £720 similar to what you've been quoted above, which personally I find a bit on the expensive side - (They did quote £614 without the dephaser pulley - but while everything is off and it's accessible it might as well be changed).

I eventually ended up driving to a place called ALS performance up in Cumbria - bit of a treck but they did the job lot for ~£460 supplied and fitted. This is the kit they sell as parts: https://www.als-performance.com/kit...lt-kit?zenid=2897aea00da9db375ee8f0fdd17ab1e5 and it's all genuine Renault. The guy knows his stuff they've got a Clio 200 CUP racer up there with about 30 grand gone into it. Even with the drive up there for me it was worth it cost wise.

Mines been sweet as a nut since I had it done, the guy even code read the car for me while it was there at no extra cost. They also have a nice reception area and let you use their WiFi while your waiting. Worth a look of it's not too far of a drive for you and your happy to wait for the day. It took about 4.5 hours when he did mine but it can vary a bit if things are stubborn to come off.

I would just take it to birchdown

theres nowhere really any better -

belts & dephaser is about £550 then a service ontop -

you get what you pay for-