Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

I find it hard to believe you think we have stereotyped them Gouldy, it's matter of fact! We've had some move in near me and the crime rate has doubled since. Coinsidence? I think not, bloody gypo's is what it is.

im not defending them by any means, there are good and bad in all and i like to see all sides of an argument.

i dont take sides.

the tax thing is what annoys me tbh, bearing in mind i pay £90 a month council tax, £500 a month in PAYE tax and about £160 NI contributions.

they pay nothing which i think is really unfair.

i suppose the other way of looking at it is at least there out there working and not sat at home all day on benefits.

i suppose the other way of looking at it is at least there out there working and not sat at home all day on benefits.

This is an important note to remember.

Millions of people in this Country would do well to follow some of the Gypsy's work ethics. At least none are stuck in their caravans with 6 kids, costing the tax payer £100,000 a year.

I agree with Gouldy, I neither love them nor hate them, but they seem to have respect for their traditions and way of life. They also have the upmost repect for their parents, and all of these issues are severely lacking in our society today.

But don't forget they cost us in other ways than benefits. Such as clearing up after them, (from what I've seen they leave litter all over the place), the policing resources from them being somewhere they're not supposed to be, crime they commit, tax they dodge, etc, nhs and other free services, such as the fire service, job centres, schools, colleges, etc. So their ethics to family life might be right, but that's about it.

This is an important note to remember.

Millions of people in this Country would do well to follow some of the Gypsy's work ethics. At least none are stuck in their caravans with 6 kids, costing the tax payer £100,000 a year.

I agree with Gouldy, I neither love them nor hate them, but they seem to have respect for their traditions and way of life. They also have the upmost repect for their parents, and all of these issues are severely lacking in our society today.

you hit the nail on the head there, its the thieving thats given them the bad rep. not all gypsies are theives though

it wouldn't be hard to enforce at all, if the scummers were made to live like a normal person, and contribute, like a normal person.

they're ****ing scummers who get away with murder.

Bit narrow minded?

YOUR "normal" most definately constitutes THEIR abnormal.

They have a bad reputation from the vast stereotypes.

I'd much rather (and have done on many occasion) share a lingering pint with a decent traveler than MANY of the other groups which we SHARE this island with.

Live and let live.

I have been watching it albeit with my mrs making sure that I watch it. lol. Well its a programme that draws the crowds and I guess albeit marriage and happiness its only one side as per the usual 'breaking the stereotype' on tele these days.

Bit narrow minded?

YOUR "normal" most definately constitutes THEIR abnormal.

They have a bad reputation from the vast stereotypes.

I'd much rather (and have done on many occasion) share a lingering pint with a decent traveler than MANY of the other groups which we SHARE this island with.

Live and let live.

very narrow minded, yes. when you've had one of your mates killed by one of the ****s in a lamborghini then you can make up your own mind too :smile:

and i don't share this island with those groups, i live in a nice country :thumbup1: