Big Bens non Clio

Well that didn’t last long.
Always been keen on the Cupra on the MQB platform and scrolling through auto trader stumbled on this.
2017 Cupra 300 with DSG 59k full stamped history.
Tonne of kit make this a joy to drive. Effortless pace and really good poise. Does have a few tasteful mods. Exhaust and intake plus a JB4 tuning box with a Unicorn map mean she’s got 360/365 which is plenty!
Won’t compare it to the Clio as it’s apples and oranges. No plans to track it atm but no doubt I will, just to see what’s what.IMG_1775.pngIMG_1774.png698820a3-4403-4038-8b93-f95b53cbbbcf.jpeg
Ps. Yes them plates are coming off:grinning:

Last edited:
Nice purchase.

Do you fancy giving a test drive on a summer evening track session at Brands Hatch? Not too much track time to wear through your tyres and pads - but enough time to give it a test?

If you do fancy it let me know we can sort out a date so I can book on with the Yaris for a blast.

Reactions: Big Ben
Rick @ Unicorn is a great tuner, had my Golf R tuned by him back in the day and my current 535D has been tweaked by him as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Big Ben
Nice purchase.

Do you fancy giving a test drive on a summer evening track session at Brands Hatch? Not too much track time to wear through your tyres and pads - but enough time to give it a test?

If you do fancy it let me know we can sort out a date so I can book on with the Yaris for a blast.
Sounds like a cheeky plan. Will let you know

Rick @ Unicorn is a great tuner, had my Golf R tuned by him back in the day and my current 535D has been tweaked by him as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s actually quite some comfort as I’ve launched myself in with (typically) both feet without much research!
Feels well tuned I have to say. No hesitations or as yet noticeable flat spots

That BM of yours is a missile

One of our guys who had a 200 switched to a 220 Trophy. Which he didn't liked. He switched it out for this.

5MTCS0e.jpg

He has a 200 as second car now. :wink:

Reactions: Beany and Big Ben
Nice purchase.

40 cars total only!

I’ve sworn to myself that I’m not spending a penny on this car for 3months minimum. Just fuel and enjoy it cos it’s lovely as is.
I’ve bought some ram-air filter cleaner and oil which possibly means I’ve lost already?? :think: Anyho the bay got a spruce up. Was going to go further but managed to slice a finger as you do!
Waiting for cone filter to dry then re-oil and back in she goes.
Nothing too exciting but thought I’d share anyway. Trip out in the morning to see @Benno to pick up a few parts that I’ll offload at Snetterton on the 25th later this month where there’s quite a few nice Clios in attendance which might make for a hard watch:grimacing:IMG_1803.jpeg

Last edited:
Took a trip to C&M last weekend with a couple of mates in their Renault Sports. Cupra holds it own on B roads:thumb:

The car looks high to me at the sides and front so I’m contemplating an off the shelf bolt in front splitter and side skirts. Nothing outrageous just something to fill the void. If you look at the pic against my mates really low Megane the actual roof height is ok and the arch gap is respectable I just think the gaps to the ground need something else.
Spoilt for choice in the VAG world. It’s not expensive either which is a nice surprise.

Sadly the kids never got me them for Father’s Day no matter how many hints and links I sent them:grinning:

Will post again once I’ve sorted it
IMG_2051.png

Stop it!!!
It’s fast enough as is in a straight line and I’ll see what happens later in the year on stock suspension once I track it and go from there. This is not going to be a TRACK CAR:grin:
I’ve got a BCS sports cat and silverproject top mounts in the garage if you get the itch for stage 2 power and some camber :wink:

Enjoyed my Cupra a lot. Great handling out of the box but next level with a few tweaks and can hang with the best on track.

Cupra update:
Nothings broken! Getting withdrawal symptoms from not spending my weekends getting a car fixed.
Had it a few months now and done around 1500 miles. It’s a very good car. Like very good. Eats miles at an incredible rate and gets mid 35 mpg. Nuts. Fast as F in a straight line and surprised me with how well it handles. Can’t wait to track it in November.

Negative would be the ride quality on shitty road surfaces. Can’t help but thinking the 35 profile tyres on the 19” wheels are the culprit. Would like a ride in a car on 18’s with 40 profile for comparison.
Possibly doesn’t quite hit the highs that a Renault Sport does (that twice a year high lol) but it doesn’t hit the lows either. Has nailed the brief of what I wanted out of a weekend/toy car after the Clio and I wouldn’t put anyone off owning one. Will I have it long term….who knows. Be amazed if I don’t get back in a Renault at some stage in what shape/form I couldn’t say.
Couple of bolt on mods. Nice Rieger splitter up front. Fit and finish are exemplary. TUV approved, guessing that’s part of it? Managed to install it myself with my kids so that was nice. Couple of carbon bits for the interior but no pics.
IMG_2328.pngIMG_2330.png