Big Bens non Clio

Fantastic stuff Ben, remind me pls, what kind of suspension ore you running? I sold my ASTs quite a while back and now looking to get a set, unsure of what atm.

Last edited:
Fantastic stuff Beb, remind me pls, what kind of suspension ore you running? I sold my ASTs quite a while back and now looking to get a set, unsure of what atm.
Thanks dude. Gaz golds 625/325 spring rates. If you’re looking for something that’ll be compliment on the road I’d look elsewhere tbh. Coming from AST I doubt these will be up to your exacting standards!
Perfect for what I need being predominantly track car but I’d not fancy a road tour on them

Reactions: Yiannis197
Snetterton this Saturday with Mazdaontrack. Chomping at the bit to get the first day of the year started. If anyones attending please come and say hello. I am pretty useless with names being the age I am so bear with me but would be nice to speak to some other Clio owners!
Nasty @NickD has allocated me unlucky garage 13! (in response to his slow cornering jibe no doubt):grinning:377A7AF3-5889-493E-AD8A-31B0C401AECC.png

Snetterton this Saturday with Mazdaontrack. Chomping at the bit to get the first day of the year started. If anyones attending please come and say hello. I am pretty useless with names being the age I am so bear with me but would be nice to speak to some other Clio owners!
Nasty @NickD has allocated me unlucky garage 13! (in response to his slow cornering jibe no doubt):grinning:

I may pop down to say hello, I'm dropping my car off on Saturday for a geo setup otherwise I'd be booking on too. I'll bring my helmet :wink:

Reactions: Big Ben
What difference did the rear beam make? I have a spare beam which is currently having the Pure strengthening plates added. I've been told in the past it shouldn't really make a difference, but got a set cheap so thought I'd give them a try.

Reactions: RSRowe
What difference did the rear beam make? I have a spare beam which is currently having the Pure strengthening plates added. I've been told in the past it shouldn't really make a difference, but got a set cheap so thought I'd give them a try.
I’ve had this chat with another guy and found it very difficult to explain. The rear felt like it was going to step out but it never did (ok it did once but that was cold tyres last stint). Once used to it I could really push on with confidence. Car just felt more agile and less wallowy. I don’t really have the vocabulary to do it justice.
But when you’ve owned your car as long as I have you become hyper sensitive to any adjustments and I’m happy it’s installed and I’d recommend getting it done

I’ve had this chat with another guy and found it very difficult to explain. The rear felt like it was going to step out but it never did (ok it did once but that was cold tyres last stint). Once used to it I could really push on with confidence.
So almost as though you’re working the rear harder?

It’s something I’ve been thinking about doing after catching wind that Ian was doing his

So almost as though you’re working the rear harder?

It’s something I’ve been thinking about doing after catching wind that Ian was doing his
Yes in a way. You’re certainly more aware that the rear could step out. It’s actually more likely to imo. So driver input/feel is increased which I liked and the car leans a bit more towards oversteer.
Have to remember though that mine is a heavy old girl especially with me and a passenger so it might be different for the lightweight stripped out boys. May well not be as noticeable as the beam might not of flexed as much in the first place

Reactions: RSRowe
Visited Alex at AWMotorworks today. He was his lovely crude miserable self:grinning:
Changed out the brake fluid for some of this stuff supposed to be good if you listen to all the BMW fanboys.76760F30-0EAC-41FC-8D15-2FE366E72392.jpeg
Next job was to fit some rear shims to give a little more track biased stance. Already had what I needed shim wise after a recent check.2C02A423-1CE6-464A-B99A-EAA05492D8CA.jpeg
Drove to Smart Tyre in Witham

8196E3D9-8B26-4303-B6A6-2B3AAC984487.jpeg
End results are pretty decent. Was aiming for a bit more negative camber on the rear but I’ll see how this goes.

Very similar to mine that is.

SRF is the boyo aswell. The only fluid which can actually match it’s stated temps and it lasts forever

Reactions: Big Ben