Big Bens non Clio

Went to Bedford this morning. Bit of a last minute thing. Felt ill and got a dodgy knee so cut it short at lunch. Car was going well. Rear feels really planted. Front AR1’s are wrecked. Managed 8 days on them which ain’t bad.
Bit of video if the link works chasing an M2 I believe.

Went to Bedford this morning. Bit of a last minute thing. Felt ill and got a dodgy knee so cut it short at lunch. Car was going well. Rear feels really planted. Front AR1’s are wrecked. Managed 8 days on them which ain’t bad.
Bit of video if the link works chasing an M2 I believe.

Looks bloody quick :thumb:

Reactions: Big Ben
Bloody rapid, looks so planted too Ben!

Is TCS on? As it sounds like it's "jerking" on long corners, like TCS is kicking in? Or is it just video doing that but fine when you're driving?

Reactions: Big Ben
Bloody rapid, looks so planted too Ben!

Is TCS on? As it sounds like it's "jerking" on long corners, like TCS is kicking in? Or is it just video doing that but fine when you're driving?
TC on mate. Front tyres were toast so was nigh on impossible with it off and I was trying to make the tyres last a touch longer

Last edited:
Reactions: suj
TC on mate. Front tyres were toast so was nigh on impossible with it off and I was trying to make the tyres last a touch longer

Makes total sense as I could hear the car sound like it was fluctuating throttle why I asked, when you have tread left you normally have it off don't you?
Either way you're rapid, M2 has extra 50+bhp and probably a lot more torque, so shows how quick you are on shot tyres!

Makes total sense as I could hear the car sound like it was fluctuating throttle why I asked, when you have tread left you normally have it off don't you?
Either way you're rapid, M2 has extra 50+bhp and probably a lot more torque, so shows how quick you are on shot tyres!
Cheers. Yeah with decent tread it’s mostly off. A lot of them corners where you hear the throttle cutting are full throttle normally and there’s no tyre slip. Just not today!

Last edited:
Reactions: suj
You are actually braking at a point earlier than the BM, but still catching them. It could be lots of reasons, them being on road tyres for a start, but they are either not braking hard enough and even with your early braking you are still catching them or you are braking early but not hard enough and so could brake far later. You can hear it in the video, you seem to go on the brakes gently and then go hard as you get to the corner, which to be fair, lots of people do, but you could brake later than you are.

Reactions: Big Ben and Beany
You are actually braking at a point earlier than the BM, but still catching them. It could be lots of reasons, them being on road tyres for a start, but they are either not braking hard enough and even with your early braking you are still catching them or you are braking early but not hard enough and so could brake far later. You can hear it in the video, you seem to go on the brakes gently and then go hard as you get to the corner, which to be fair, lots of people do, but you could brake later than you are.
Thanks for the observations. I’m no race driver that’s for sure and there’s possibly a bit of mechanical sympathy thrown into the mix.
It is still a road car after all and gets driven to and from track every time so I may not be at ten tenths all the time! Poor old girl is pushing 16yrs old:french:

Do you happen to sell 235’s?