better turn-in/ change of direction

Not meaning to sound like a dick here but, if your plowing through corners with huge understeer and rolling the car around on direction changes, have you thought maybe your being a bit too eager with the car? Maybe you need to refine your driving before throwing huge sums of money on AST adjustables, coilovers and thicker ARB's like have been suggested.

Don't get me wrong, the suggestions are all valid, a slight change to geo, stiffer side walls, thicker arb, more camber, more rake, etc etc. will help the car perform better, but if your over driving it you'll still get understeer, bad/disturbing weight transfer.

I feel the car can turn quick enough steering wise but the whole car rolls a bit too much and making a quick change of direction sends it rolling all over the place.
Also, I know it's fwd but if I plunge the car into a second gear hairpin the car just ploughs straight ahead understeering too much and lifting off doesn't tighten the car up enough or even induce some oversteer.

Maybe it was just too hot (37degrees) and the tyres just weren't gripping

37 degrees is going to be seriously working those tyres tbh

The clio tends to understeer anyway.

Another option for you is 18 inch rims and some decent lower profile rubber or a really good cheap option not mentioned yet is get the car weight down. That can sharpen up the turn in.

Let's put it in perspective, the car is great, I'm just trying to make it better. Even F1 cars understeer!

Best to start saving up then mate, they aren't cheap to improve on :blowup:. Like I said before though, there's some good recommendations in here. Coilovers would be my choice, as not only should you get better traction and handling, you also get more adjustment in ride height and stiffness to set the car more to how you like (with correct geo etc.). Tyres are a cheap(ish) option, but you can replace them with uprated items when you've scrubbed your existing set.

Tackling understeer (is there any really) and better turn in...I'm running track set up ASTs with adjustable top mounts, 2 degrees negative, rear ARB, 200 cup front anti roll bar (1mm thicker than FF) a bit of front toe out and 15mm higher back end. The car is crazy. The best mods I've done..[/QUOTE]

can you pls send me details about your rear ARB? which product are you using, pls?

Tackling understeer (is there any really) and better turn in...I'm running track set up ASTs with adjustable top mounts, 2 degrees negative, rear ARB, 200 cup front anti roll bar (1mm thicker than FF) a bit of front toe out and 15mm higher back end. The car is crazy. The best mods I've done..

can you pls send me details about your rear ARB? which product are you using, pls?[/QUOTE]

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23785

:coffee:

I found the KW V3s a massive improvement on mine, much less body roll and almost no dive under braking. The cornering grip level is also massively improved. Can't recommend these coilovers enough even if they are a tad expensive!

Just to confirm not all gordinis have cup chassis... was parked next to a black one on friday with silver wheels and brakes and looked like it was on stilts next to mine lol