better turn-in/ change of direction

After hustling my car through mountain roads over the past month I feel it rolls around too much and I can't chuck it hard into a corner or flick it quickly enough through chicanes.

Am I looking for stiffer anti-roll bars, lower springs or some negative front camber?
Or do I have to bite the bullet and shell out for the cost of coilovers?

Don't think the Gordini came standard with the Cup Chassis.

If you've got the Cup Chassis and still find it rolls too much, thicker ARB's and a proper geo. setup will help.

Last edited:
Won't get camber unless you buy either AST's or KW club sports. I had to buy mine off a sim who makes them in Italy! Coilovers are your best bet. A rear ARB and springs will be ok, but coilovers are a lot flatter, feels like a go kart!

Won't get camber unless you buy either AST's or KW club sports. I had to buy mine off a sim who makes them in Italy! Coilovers are your best bet. A rear ARB and springs will be ok, but coilovers are a lot flatter, feels like a go kart!

I think coilovers are my best bet. Do they have to be clubsports as opposed to the V1 or V2?
Will I get negative camber just from lowering or do I need the adjustable top mount?

Last edited:

Don't you mean adjustable top mounts, that's where the camber is controlled. You can buy top mounts separately.

Camber won't necessarily help turn in though, it's there to maintain grip mid corner when the chassis' pitching over the one wheel and works with the caster to hopefully maintain maximum contact with the tarmac.

What you ideally need to do if you had all the adjustibility in the world is stiffen the rear of the car, maybe with an arb and shocks. Pitch the car forward nose down, arse up.

One the the BIG factors in turn in is tyres though. Road tyre side walls are like jelly. Most of the lack of initial turn in / bite is due to the side wall flexing, think of it like there's a rubber joint in the steering column that flexes as you turn the wheel.
Maybe try some tyres with stiffer walls, AD08s? ( i should be on commission for those).

I feel the car can turn quick enough steering wise but the whole car rolls a bit too much and making a quick change of direction sends it rolling all over the place.
Also, I know it's fwd but if I plunge the car into a second gear hairpin the car just ploughs straight ahead understeering too much and lifting off doesn't tighten the car up enough or even induce some oversteer.

Maybe it was just too hot (37degrees) and the tyres just weren't gripping

Last edited:
200 cup setup is VERY stiff, there is really no body roll there, however 200 non cup is softer than the 197. According to what I've read here I don't think you have the cup chassis. What colour is your calipers? Red is cup. The cup also comes with thicker ARB which makes it even stiffer and less roll.

Tackling understeer (is there any really) and better turn in...I'm running track set up ASTs with adjustable top mounts, 2 degrees negative, rear ARB, 200 cup front anti roll bar (1mm thicker than FF) a bit of front toe out and 15mm higher back end. The car is crazy. The best mods I've done..