Best Sealant.

Hi all,

Bought the Mrs a limited edition corsa yesterday as she'd just passed her test and opted out of the scotchguard protection as it is a con IMO.

As a result I'm going to wash, clay and seal it myself and just wondering what everyone's most favorable sealant is? I'm planning on using something by Gtechniq, but wouldn't mind knowing what else is just as good, if not better :smiley:

I'd take it to a professional detailer and get it ceramic coated, it may end up costing near £500 if the paint is fully corrected before but it'll be done right and will last!

Check this place out http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/ you'll get some awesome advice and ideas (not that you won't here).

Migliore Strata is a nice coating and a decent price

Gtechniq c1 is great. I have it on my clio. Word of warning though, body shops hate this stuff as it is an arse to remove, therefore body repairs will usually increase in price. And for a first time driver the probability of an accident will increase.

Do you want a sealant that you can top up every 4-6 months or a ceramic coating that needs minimal maintenance?

i have found that ceramic coatings have become more popular in the last 12 months or so, most of my customers now upgrade to these types of coatings. Obviously due to the nature of the product it needs to be applied in a controlled environment, away from direct sunlight, airbourne contaminents etc... And needs a very minimum of 12 hours to cure before being exposed to the elements, so bare that in mind when making a choice, if its not applied correctly then it generally needs machining to remove.

I use Autoglym HD Wax, easy to use and pretty durable. Once every 3 months does the trick

Wee bit of a hijack but which would be better for a winter seal, tough coat or power seal? I have a DA so can apply either but just wondering about durability as obviously during the winter months a proper clean just isn't possible :tongueout:

Wee bit of a hijack but which would be better for a winter seal, tough coat or power seal? I have a DA so can apply either but just wondering about durability as obviously during the winter months a proper clean just isn't possible :tongueout:

I have both and preferred Tough Coat over the two, 2-3 layers on a well prepped surface will see you ok for 3-4 months realistically, top it with a layer of wax and you'll possibly exceed that.

in fact i have found that Sonax Polymer Net Shield is far more durable then AF Tough coat

Also colnite 845 and Fusso have had some great write ups