Best pads ever

The rears will lock up too easily. Carbotech advised against running xp10 on the rear.

That statement is missing some info John. Did CT advised against XP10 at the rear when front is OEM? When front is upgraded? When front has XP10s? At what car? Regardless? I find it very difficult to believe that a company actually advises against their own product...

I never tried XP10s so I can not talk from experience, however with the RC6s at the rear which have a big fc I haven't experienced locking at all even with my lighter (3kgs less) rear rotors.

Last edited:
When ordering XP10 pads for the front on my Clio 200 cup and a couple of megane R26s they advised against getting the same compound for the rear. I don't find their advise odd at all as they have been honest in giving their opinion rather than trying to make a quicker profit. They are in it for the longterm...

Only just ordered the XP10 so I don't know what they are like. The data suggests when warm they will be far better than the ds1.11.

Who in their right mind would run OEM front and full on track rear?

No one should really mate but I've seen/heard so much through the years that nothing surprises me any more. for instance "Ah, running low on the rears but plenty of meat at the fronts, let's get an aggressive pad for now and when the fronts are low i'll replace them as well". Same with the tyres etc.

Anyway, let us know how the XP10 feel when you have a clear view. I wouldn't mind trying them in the future.