197: Best place for cheap front disks and pads

Afternoon all,

Having just changed job and losing a substantial amount of income (Playing the long game with a change in career) I need to find some cheap disks and pads.

I could do with replacing the pads and disks upfront.
Could anyone point me in the direction of a cheap option, OEM or even alternative makes.
My Car will never visit a track and spends 95% of its time on a motorway so performance parts are not needed. It gets parked up during the week and even at the weekend sits in the golf club car park.

Over on Cliosport there's a trader called G172 who'd do Brembo front pads and discs for way less than £150 delivered.

It's worth the annual membership fee to be able to buy from him...I have been for years, he's a trusted trader.

To give an idea, Brembo front pads delivered are just £39.

I just trawled back through recent PM's, and if anyone is interested, G172 on Cliosport.net quoted the following prices (delivered) to me 2 months back...will maybe have changed a little by now but won't have moved by much if at all;

Front plain Brembo hc discs £86
Brembo oem front pads £39
Brembo oem rear pads £39

Mintex M1144 front pads £66

Ferodo DS2500 £125

Just remember if you don't get the HC discs from Renault the bells arent painted to stop corrosion.

I'm running Pagid discs and minted pads on mine. I had the discs from ECP on a 30% offer for sub £50 and the pads were about £30.

They are a great combo on a budget.

I'm running Pagid discs and minted pads on mine. I had the discs from ECP on a 30% offer for sub £50 and the pads were about £30.

They are a great combo on a budget.

This is good to know as ECP run the offers pretty regular.

Seems like I should be able to secure a set of disks and pads for £150 at most.

thanks guys :hug:

EDIT: Is there another part on the disk you have to look for aswell? some sort of clip?

Last edited: