Best Group B Rally Car ??

What was your favourite from this Era and why !!!!!!

:bounce1:

Personally i think the best was the MG 6R4

V6 revving to 9k naturally aspirated and producing 410Bhp naturally aspirated!!!

I do have a soft spot for 6R4 as I made some of the panels for them back in the day but I reckon it's a toss up between the Delta and the Short wheelbase Audi Quattro, now that thing did make some noise... and now it's got me thinking I'm going for the Porsche 959..

959_rally_car_porsche_photo1274388011.jpg

Peugeot 205 T16 pour moi.

205140110a.jpg

5822918560_5daf5e41ca_z.jpg

The Audi was my favourite though out the lot, I think the lancia was turbo'd and supercharged. The 205 was a death trap and the metros engine cost £1 million alone!

For me, without a shadow of a doubt its gotta be the S1, original 5cyl turbo chatter badboy!! Its the car that got me into quattros in the first place I've owned them ever since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQmgeMoM0A&feature=related

Was lucky enough to be taken out in an original S1 at a rally day back in 2008, was one of the best days of my life.:thumbsup:

Original road legal Sport quattros go for stupid money now (100 - 150k) but I've said to myself when money permits I'll buy or part build a replica (with RS2 engine and running gear), in black..one of the coolest car's on the planet!! This is a replica that was for sale last year, up for just over 20k.

1986_Audi_Sport_Quattro_Ur_Coupe_Conversion_SWB_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

Here are a couple more lesser know Group B's

Toyota MR2 '222D' 1986
MR2+AW11+group+b.jpg

Lada Samara EVA
Lada+Samara+EVA.jpg

Daihatsu Charade DeTomaso 926 R
Daihatsu+Charade+Detomaso+926R.jpg

audi sport quattro evolution (you know the one the nearly takes off when on boost!!)

metro 6r4

205 t16

delta s4 group b and "group s"

My favorites are the short wheel base quattro and the delta S4

They look stunning with the rear lower bumper missing

Lancia_Delta_S4_006.jpg

and the noise with turbo and supercharger, i'll have to dig out an old video.

Here are a couple more lesser know Group B's

Toyota MR2 '222D' 1986
MR2+AW11+group+b.jpg

Ws'nt that toyota a group S car? what was about to replace group B?

Ws'nt that toyota a group S car? what was about to replace group B?

It was definately conceived for Group B but I dont think it got to compete as Group B was cancelled that year (1986)

Heres one in action though...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNSVmIU6h9o[/YOUTUBE]

Some great cars, but I think the Audi Quattro is the best. Although the Metro is completely mad! I like the 205 too, especially how the entire rear lift to reveal the engine!