Best air intake

Right, I keep seeing the v6 air intake crop up, is this one of the best intake mods going? I just have a panel filter at the moment, wondering if there may be a few tourqs to gain?

generally yes..there are also the ktr,itg induction kits on the market,which promise some gains and better noise..

For a road car you cant go past the factory intake. For a track car its more a case of horses for courses.
Whatever intake the person has that your talking to will tell you theirs is the best but in all honesty you cant beat the oem intake imo.

For a road car you cant go past the factory intake. For a track car its more a case of horses for courses.
Whatever intake the person has that your talking to will tell you theirs is the best but in all honesty you cant beat the oem intake imo.

Good advice tbh, with a aftermarket panel filter...

Whatever you believe to be best.

I have a KTR Induction Kit and it's the balls for me but as everyone else has said, whatever you want it to be!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The OEM intake on the 197/200s is actually pretty decent. The V6 air box, the KTR induction kit or the ITG maxogen are the only intakes I've read about that actually give a gain on the Clios - so you can't go wrong with either of these. We're not talking a massive difference though but they do make the car feel a bit more urgent and sound meatier. The KTR and ITG I'd imagine be a bit louder than the V6 box?

As with mods on an N/A car they all add up, so even though an intake itself won't make a huge difference if you did eventually go for say an exhaust system, larger throttle body and a remap down the line that's when it would come into it's own over the standard setup and get the most from the engine without any internal work needed.

If it was me I'd probably go for the KTR kit myself, you could keep an eye out for one cropping up second hand as they sometimes do but they're not megga expensive new think they're about £215.

The OEM intake on the 197/200s is actually pretty decent. The V6 air box, the KTR induction kit or the ITG maxogen are the only intakes I've read about that actually give a gain on the Clios - so you can't go wrong with either of these. We're not talking a massive difference though but they do make the car feel a bit more urgent and sound meatier. The KTR and ITG I'd imagine be a bit louder than the V6 box?

Its more so that they are the only ones that don't loose power... They will give perhaps a little more throttle response (and a lot more noise)

The only issue with the KTR kit is that its sucking in hot air from the engine bay... Then both the V6 and maxogen, its all about getting it positioned to get cold air into it, often people having to remove the battery and relocate to the boot, or putting in a smaller battery..

All 3 have there ups and downs, I don't think its worth it on a normal car (as in not tracking etc). I had the KTR kit on my old 197 and removed it after a week.

Its more so that they are the only ones that don't loose power... They will give perhaps a little more throttle response (and a lot more noise)

The only issue with the KTR kit is that its sucking in hot air from the engine bay... Then both the V6 and maxogen, its all about getting it positioned to get cold air into it, often people having to remove the battery and relocate to the boot, or putting in a smaller battery..

All 3 have there ups and downs, I don't think its worth it on a normal car (as in not tracking etc). I had the KTR kit on my old 197 and removed it after a week.
This post has nailed it for me.

I think OP should have enough knowledge now to make a decision!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

[MENTION=51641]iMak[/MENTION] I run the K&N panel filter and I certainly have no issues running it, gives a slight growl but nothing major. It's more there for peace of mind than anything, not saying that the standard setup has any detrimental effect.

[MENTION=53807]Micah[/MENTION] thank mate, actually I want it for the growl and of course a peace of mind. I know there are other panel filter manufacturers, but I chose to have K&N filter because I already have K&N cleaner and oil.

Sent from my iPhone6s+ using Tapatalk