Belgian 197 track toy

Mr. N

Paid Member
Hello everyone,

After a long time on the forum I might as well introduce myself on here. My name is Nick and I live in Belgium. Last year I bought a 197 with the intention to daily drive it and sometimes go on track with it.
A few months after getting the car I started working somewhere else where I got a company car so the clio could be used for just track days.
Following things already changed.

Engine:
Map sensor bracket
Milltek cat delete
Raggazon cat back system
Pipercross performance replacement filter

Interior:
KTR seat subframes
OMP TR-S seats
QSP seatbelts
Stripped rear interior
QSP helmet net
Shifter extender
Carbon doorpanels

Exterior:
Clio cup spoiler
Supreme Motorsport / Zero Point One tow strap bolt
Stub antenna

Suspension & brakes:
UltraRacing 2-Point Front Upper Strutbar
UltraRacing 4-Point Rear Trunk Brace
Mtec dotted & grooved front discs
EBC yellowstuff brake pads F & R
HEL braided brake lines
Motul RBF600 brake fluid
Federal 595RS-R semislicks

Some photos I took after a few weeks of owning it.

a-DSCF9105.jpg

a-DSCF9054.jpg

a-DSCF9118.jpg

a-DSCF9075.jpg

Some other photos

IMG-0154.jpg

IMG-7814.jpg

IMG-6500.jpg

IMG-0025.jpg

IMG-4990.jpg

I just plastidipped the spoiler black because we probably gonna do the whole car in matte gray

IMG-5532.jpg

Got the Weedermotorsport aerocatch brackets fitted just need to order the aero catches itself.

IMG-5854.jpg

Carbon doorpanels, fitted some pull straps now

IMG-0877.jpg

Shifter extender

IMG-2510.jpg

Exhaust before fitting it, it’s not too loud but gives a nice sound.

IMG-3396.jpg

This happened during the Folembray trackday… Going to solve this with some metal plates on the splitter.

IMG-6900.jpg

Trackday at circuit Zolder

H2A1476.jpg

Trackday at Folembray (France)

Track-Solutions-Trackday-at-Folembray-19-07-2020-W-4-K-257.jpg

Track-Solutions-Trackday-at-Folembray-19-07-2020-W-4-K-233.jpg

The honda’s, lotus and caterham are friends so there is some variety in cars.

IMG-3112.jpg

At the moment I’m stripping the whole interior, heater box, wire loom,….
Next thing to buy will probably be coilovers because the stock suspension is way too soft to use the full potential on track.

I know this story, it goes just suspension, then just bigger brakes, then just more power, then just a Meg 225 swap..... :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :thumb:

Welcome to the club!

Reactions: Mr. N and Nell7
Yesterday I finally had some time to work on the car. Removed the heaterbox, a few brackets from the crossmember and made some plates to cover the holes.

IMG-3308.jpg

IMG-5142.jpg

Next up, fix the wiring for the battery relocation, make a bracket so I can fit the airfilter and try to move the expansion tank.

Reactions: bigsid
An update after a bit of time… Finished stripping the front wire loom, I also Installed a Clio cup footplate, Momo steering hub, RRS steering wheel and Volantech button plate that I bought second hand.

Finished the battery relocation, installed the other air filter and the plates on the diffuser.

Went to do a trackday on Circuit Clastres in France. Had a fun time till the hose that goes from the expansion tank back to the radiator decided it had enough and sprayed coolant all over the engine bay and windshield, so need to find a better coupler for that.

Reactions: bigsid