Beanys RB 200 cup

MOT time today and garage have rang to say a fair bit of work needs doing.. wipers and tie rod ends have gone. Advisory of one of the front wheels has play so steering rack ends are being looked at!

MOT time today and garage have rang to say a fair bit of work needs doing.. wipers and tie rod ends have gone. Advisory of one of the front wheels has play so steering rack ends are being looked at!

Not good news to get mate but look at it positively, it will be back better than before.

Reactions: Beany
Always a pita mate. But as said the car will handle so much better once everything sorted:thumb:

Not great, but at least once it's done you can look forward (hopefully) to a few years trouble-free. Fingers crossed the play isn't the ball joints.

Oof, not what you were hoping for mate.... This is what I'm dreading when mine gets the once-over. I hope it won't be too hard on the wallet for you buddy!

Good news your 'set'; and the beast is feeling better than ever Chris. Nice ! Hefty bill for sure though bud :cry:

Wipers though man...come on. Don't tell me you didn't notice. Or was it the fact you couldn't see out to tell if they were working properly :tearsofjoy:

Brakes again is run of the mill stuff on these. I've had mine stripped / cleaned / lubed 3 if not 4 times in just over 2 years....apart from the first time; always as preventative medicine re; seizing and of course to keep them working at their best.

My point being these cars perhaps more than most; require a little now and again. They don't wanna completely bleed you dry - just have a little delve into the account every now and again to remind you you're an RS owner. So you either do that - or; pay it all at once.......

Bullshit aside. Glad your happy and its feeling awesome.***What did you actually get / what needed doing for your £££££ out of interest ?

Last edited:
my MOT is in next 2 weeks..gotta say not worried since most work was done last year..
sorry to hear though..im sure you have a piggy bank called "The Clio" for cases like this p0612.gif

Reactions: Johnny 99 and Beany
@sevenfourate

Haha the wipers were shot and thought about doing them myself but the recent dry spell and knew the mot was around the corner I decided not too.

Brakes were looked at only in November at same time it was in for its belts, I knew the discs and pads were in need but not so soon and at the point of being so bad.

I’m not the most handy of people on the tools but I do try keep the RS in tip-top condition.

Aside the above the breakdown is....

Mot
Service
Tracking
2 droplinks
Tie rod
2 front discs
2 front brake pads
Labour
Tax

Oh my! Think of it as a little treat for the RB rather than a punishment of the financial nature :tongueout:
Haha I’m not too bummed. I knew certain stuff would need doing like pads n discs just it’s all kinda happened in one lump rather than spread out