Battery Relocation

Sam E

Paid Member
Hi all,

After missing out on a carbon R3 airbox on FB the other week I managed to pick myself up a V6 airbox for a decent price over the weekend, but now comes the difficulty in making it fit. I've ordered the mounting plate from No7 Motorsport and the link pipe from R Sport but the battery relocation is where I'm stuck. Planning on ordering the 4m kit from Duct3d on here but I want to keep the standard 075 battery, just move it to the boot - has anyone else done this and able to recommend a mounting solution?

There seems to be a fairly limited number of options, so far I think my best bet is this:

Or alternatively leisure battery style plastic box, although they all seem fairly bulky.

Any other options I've missed, or am I best just buying the Motamec cage and rivnutting it to the boot floor?

Cheers

Why do you want to keep the standard battery? I have run an Odyssey PC680 for the past year and it has been fine for use over the winter and summer. Get rid of the standard battery and get a smaller gel battery that you can mount in any position.

My battery is under the passenger seat at the moment.

9AF81982-872A-4B06-BC5C-00045965CEA7 (1).jpeg

My battery will probably get moved to the rear passenger footwell if I ever get some bucket seats sorted.

If you run a smaller battery I would suggest getting a cutoff switch as well if you dont plan on dailying the car. That, or get a battery charger and keep the car plugged in often.

Why do you want to keep the standard battery? I have run an Odyssey PC680 for the past year and it has been fine for use over the winter and summer. Get rid of the standard battery and get a smaller gel battery that you can mount in any position.

My battery is under the passenger seat at the moment.

View attachment 151843

My battery will probably get moved to the rear passenger footwell if I ever get some bucket seats sorted.

A couple reasons for wanting to keep the standard battery, mainly A, the cost of replacing it with a PC680 or similiar (£100+) and B, it's my daily and I'm not sure how the lightweight battery would cope with cold starts at 5/6am in winter.

That mounting solution under the seat looks very neat though, is it one of the Duct3d cradles? How is it attached to the car out of interest?

If you run a smaller battery I would suggest getting a cutoff switch as well if you dont plan on dailying the car. That, or get a battery charger and keep the car plugged in often.

As above, the car is my daily so if I did go the PC680 route I wouldn't worry about it starting in the summer, but the winter is another question altogether.

Cheers for the replies though both of you, has anyone daily'd one of these with a PC680 or similar with no issues? I'm still reluctant to fork out the extra for a lightweight battery but if I can make the maths somewhat work I could be swayed.

I was a bit worried about installing a PC680 and considered getting a battery with more cranking amps. Over the last winter my Clio was used some weeks for commuting and some weeks not at all. Even when it was freezing cold the battery performed fine.

My Clio gets used less and less on a daily basis. I share it with @EthanMenace and it sits on the drive when it is not being used. It does have a battery cut off but that is never used. It is not hooked up to a trickle charger either.

The battery is in a Duct3D printed cage and is rivnutted or glued to a sheet of metal that is secured by the seat bolts.

Used the Ducted kit, cars not used for weeks at a time so leave it on a trickle charge. It’s been perfect, kit was very good and easy to fit.

Attachments

• 45378C86-E897-4E1D-B7B3-44642020128B.jpeg
    45378C86-E897-4E1D-B7B3-44642020128B.jpeg
    440.8 KB · Views: 61
I moved the Standard battery to the boot well. You don't need a kit. Cut off switch/trickle charger hookup under bonnet/plus power cable to boot/short neg cable/ battery box/batt fittings as needed, all from Ebay.

i have been thinking h about relocating the battery inside the car as well

was not sure if to go down the pc680 or the normal 075 battery

i like the idea of the pc680 as it's nice and small and looks tidy over a bulky 075

My Clio might be getting used soon to go back and forwards to work (15miles a day) so i'm not to sure of a pc680 will be ok or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My PC680 has been fine when it has been used for commuting for a week, or just used a few days a month, in cold winter months.