Badbuzz2 250

...sorry about the scratch.....Meg 250's are fantastic as Roy says....very pleased with mine...got the Recaro seats on mine so no heating in the seats...acceleration and noise is fantastic, totally different animal to the Clio (not better just different)....sounded great on the way to work this morning in the cool air...lots of pops from the exhaust!!...here's mine (sorry I have posted this before)...

20120303_171752.jpg

...sorry about the scratch.....Meg 250's are fantastic as Roy says....very pleased with mine...got the Recaro seats on mine so no heating in the seats...acceleration and noise is fantastic, totally different animal to the Clio (not better just different)....sounded great on the way to work this morning in the cool air...lots of pops from the exhaust!!...here's mine (sorry I have posted this before)...

20120303_171752.jpg

very nice :thumbsup:

Two beautiful 250s just excuse me while I go to the bathroom and $€$$€$€€

That's better

update on screen branch manager has been out now and agrees that they would have found it hard to miss the scratch on the screen pre install so im slowly getting some ware lol

ha! ha! stick him in the back when hes older and no one will pinch the meg:thumbsup:looks like you will get that scratch sorted mate.
LOL he loves the Clio im not keen on him in the meg he might wreck my seats lol yeah lets hope so i will post once i have a result :thumbsup:

i wouldnt mind a go in a 250.

just to see how much slower it is than my 200 :smile:

LOL i would hope it was quicker with all the mods you have nice way to spend an extra 6k at a guess..

But i still wouldn't shy from a race :thumbsup:

I actually saw my first 250 on the road last night, its genuinely taken this long for me to see one in the flesh so to speak and it was in LY, didnt notice if it was a cup or not.

Totally changed my opinion of them, so much road presence!

I honestly will be looking into them when my PCP comes to an end in September, especially after checking on PistonHeads and seeing you can pickup 2yr old ones (60 plates with 20k miles) that are 10k cheaper than what Renault are now asking! *THIS* i need in my life :smile:

Last edited:
LY is on the 265 Trophy only, Sport yellow is on the 250 and is non metallic :wink:

Haha my bad! Either way it looked nice in the crowd compared to the usual silver cars you pass in their hundreds :smiley:

Saw my 2nd this morning through the fog, an 11 plate black 250... Years of nothing then 2 in a week its a sign! :smiley:

So after posting the above about 3 weeks ago, im now the owner of:

(phone pics)
img20120401122817.th.jpgimg20120401122831.th.jpg

Its hard to explain the differences after 150 miles, i wouldnt go so far as to say "its better than the Clio" i think both have good/bad points. My observations so far:

Good:
+ Torque. Pulls alot more freely in every gear low down.
+ Design/Style a more modern feeling place to be. The Mk3 Clio design i think is showing its 6yrs+ of age now.
+ MPG. Trip computer is reading 31mpg compared with the Clios 26mpg.

Bad:
- Gearbox. Doesnt feel as precise as the Clios. The travel between gears seems vague until you find the notch.
- Clutch. The biting point seems very low down and is an "all or nothing" theres no gradual bite and alot of un-used pedal travel.
- Rear visibility. So bad! Its almost like you're looking out of a periscope, even the rear wiper is an obstruction to your line of sight.

As i mentioned above about fuel, owning this now makes me realise how bad the mk3 Clio really is for fuel economy. I did 100 miles of dual carriageway back from the dealer, then took it out around the Peak District this morning during the nice weather for 50 miles of twisty B-road, 3rd gear fun with the bikers and im still going to get nearly 32mpg! :smiley:

But yeah deffinately in honeymoon period at the moment, cant stop looking at it even if it is a swirl bus thanks to the dealers "valet" :cloud9:

So after posting the above about 3 weeks ago, im now the owner of:

(phone pics)
img20120401122817.th.jpgimg20120401122831.th.jpg

Its hard to explain the differences after 150 miles, i wouldnt go so far as to say "its better than the Clio" i think both have good/bad points. My observations so far:

Good:
+ Torque. Pulls alot more freely in every gear low down.
+ Design/Style a more modern feeling place to be. The Mk3 Clio design i think is showing its 6yrs+ of age now.
+ MPG. Trip computer is reading 31mpg compared with the Clios 26mpg.

Bad:
- Gearbox. Doesnt feel as precise as the Clios. The travel between gears seems vague until you find the notch.
- Clutch. The biting point seems very low down and is an "all or nothing" theres no gradual bite and alot of un-used pedal travel.
- Rear visibility. So bad! Its almost like you're looking out of a periscope, even the rear wiper is an obstruction to your line of sight.

As i mentioned above about fuel, owning this now makes me realise how bad the mk3 Clio really is for fuel economy. I did 100 miles of dual carriageway back from the dealer, then took it out around the Peak District this morning during the nice weather for 50 miles of twisty B-road, 3rd gear fun with the bikers and im still going to get nearly 32mpg! :smiley:

But yeah deffinately in honeymoon period at the moment, cant stop looking at it even if it is a swirl bus thanks to the dealers "valet" :cloud9:

Very nice:drool:

Thanks guys. This all happened quicker than i thought it would. I had been warned that the 200 may end up in negative equity so i decided to start contacting some Renault dealers to see if they would offer me a decent settlement on the 200. My logic was get in early before Summer when everyone else in the same boat as me is trying to do the same thing and they wouldnt be interested in having "another 200" on their forecourt.

Lookers Chester happily obliged and not only said they would settle the balance, but also use it as a deposit on this.

Just spoke to TwingoGeeko and ordered some mats :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions