bad news

well some of you mite have had a read of my thread on the paint coming off the tail gate with the badge, good news is its going back in on monday to get painted for the third time now! bad news my break disks are very badly corroded on the inside and i felt they had been like that since i bought the car, so i got them checked by my local dealer, they said they were not coverd on the warranty they quoted me £360 for new disks and pads fitted,

altho i said its because the caliper is sticking thats why its happed, service manager agreed, i asked why the breaks are not striped and checked as part of the service intervil, concidering they are high performance breaks. his answer was that no company dose that, they only check the condison of the disks and pads, what i was getting at was that mine wer so badly gone that who ever checked the car before i bought it never noticed or couldnt be arsed doing anything about it.

il get pics up when i change them out. now i am shopping about for the best deal on breaks and pads and a pin kit, been on euro car parts because i use them for service parts alot on other folks cars. can get PaAGID disks for £72.76 for the pair. they have a not bad write up. not sure if i should get them or pay double for brembro.

rant over, thoughts welcome:biggrin:

When my front brakes needed replacing I decided to pay out and buy brembo black stuff brakes discs and ferodo pads and they are amazing, although take a little bit of time to warm up and get gd.

just make sure if you get them from europarts they are the right discs - they can quote you for the 2.0 138 engine which has smaller discs

Use the site withoutabix jas put up:wink: genuine brembo's and quick delivery mate

didnot realise they were that cheap!!!!

now thats the real deal!:biggrin

got them ordered, now for pads and pin, cheapest i can get pins 30 pound a side.

anyone got prices for pads?

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Beany General Chat 47
inwardnoise Motorsport 4
BREENY BOY Other Marques 2
Roy General Chat 11
D Clio General Chat 13