bad handling sorted

right i posted the other day along with a few others about shocking handleing, i think ive cured it :thumbup:

right.... i took a brave pill and went into a corner i would normally do at 40 i went in at 55/60 and the car stuck like glue, then went round it again at 45 and the back end broke out and it felt like i was in rwd

another example.... went into a round about at 45/50ish and car was like glue again
went in at it again at 35 and i understeered then oversteered

its just the simple lack of speed, thats why everyone is sliding all over the place, the faster you go in the 200 the more it sticks to the ground (hence the rear diffuser) i spoke to an aerospace technician who deals with aerodyanmics for a living and he agrees and says that 10mph can make alot of differnce

i like doing pointless test with my car lol

:lol:

lynden

Lol I can see this causing a lot of crashes if it isn't actually cured by brave pills!

I would say to try everything else before going faster! Honestly at 40-60mph the diffuser will be less use than a fat kid in the boot. Certainly strange though if you have less grip at low speed? Its a great excuse to give to the police though....

'Hello, hello, hello, why were you clocked at 100mph coming into Asda car park???'

'Well officer if I went any slower I would have lost control...'

If we can get Renault to confirm it good times!!! :lol:

Lol I can see this causing a lot of crashes if it isn't actually cured by brave pills!

I would say to try everything else before going faster! Honestly at 40-60mph the diffuser will be less use than a fat kid in the boot. Certainly strange though if you have less grip at low speed? Its a great excuse to give to the police though....

'Hello, hello, hello, why were you clocked at 100mph coming into Asda car park???'

'Well officer if I went any slower I would have lost control...'

If we can get Renault to confirm it good times!!! :lol:

hahahaha this is the excuse i gave my gran for pulling onto the drive at speed lol and yeh im gona speak to another guy i know who drives race cars and stuff like that, he won some porsche cup thing a few months ago :thumbup1:

but i just thought seen as like 20 people on here were complaining about sliding everywhere i would go out and investigate lol

Lol yeah I may have to try that one myself!

Yeah I dont blame you for wanting answers, out of interest which chassis do you have?

Lol yeah I may have to try that one myself!

Yeah I dont blame you for wanting answers, out of interest which chassis do you have?

ive got the normal 200 with cup chassis so its a cup with the nice interior lol, and ive got 2 new front tyres and loads of tread on the back ones

Maybe yeh, back end sliding is Fun though but I feel uneasy doing it because all it takes is one pothole for u to catch a wheel and your on your roof, I've seen it happen! And yeh I was ****ting myself doing the test on the corner, I will speak to my racer mate today and see what he thinks, he took me out in his 1litre mk2 polo saloon and I was ****ting myself, such an amazing driver!

my tyres were at 34 rears and fronts.

changed rears to 31 to see if it helps.

Got to disagree with the thought of the diffuser helping at these speeds. You'dbe just going too slow even at 50-60 for it work IMO

well I've had the same prob as you (see also one of my post)

so I've also done a bit of research.
If you look at the car at the rear, the tyres sit a bit like this "/ \" .

Mine are starting to wear faster on both sides at the interior of the tyre then at the exterior, didn't see that at first, just looked at the outside and there was plenty left outthere.

I talked to a guy who work at a tyre fitting centre and he told me this could be te prob, since the tyres stand a bit like / \ and that the car has the most grip on the inside of the tyre.

My friend who rides rally also drove my car, he pushed the car in a corner, released gas and the back end went out like it was nothing...

In his terms "lift off oversteer"
One car does it more then the other and the clio seems like a car who breaks out fast (maybe also due to the combination of the inside of my rear tyres who are almost worn)

did a bit a research and then I found this movie and they do it with a Clio 197:wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBYSl3dD-UQ

I've also had the problem more when going slower into a corner then fast.

Maybe it's because (without realising it) when you come on a corner fast. You brake before it, then go into the corner.

Just when cruising around you've thinkin oh well, I don 't go to fast, I'll just release the gas and I can make the turn... Causing it to lift - off oversteer...

Just a theory:001_unsure:

"Cop to speeding driver: Why were you driving so fast?"

"Speeding driver replies: I have to, otherwise my car won't stick on the road and I won't make the bend"

A bit out there, i guess...

i dont seem to of had this problem i can go round corners slow, medium and very fast speed without any problem ? my rear wheels are also straight and do not look like "/ \"

The "/ \" is the camber of the rears. Same will apply to the fronts too. It is designed to help mechanical grip because when the car corners the slight angle means that weight is actually transferred more evenly across the tyre, rather than being placed on the outer edge as would be the case if they were perfectly straight.

I know on my 197 it is barely noticeable, maybe the 200 is more extreme???

I kinda find all this hard to belive personally. I'd say it was more down to driving technique, not cornering speed... Think about it, why would going faster give you more grip??

But don't you use another technique when driving fast instead of slow...?

I don't understand what you are asking me. I drive according to the road conditions depending on what kind of progress I want to make. There isn't a right and wrong way of driving imo, it's about learning your cars capabilities and knowing how to make it do what you want it to. It's all about car control and good judgement, not going faster to counteract bad handling.

Last edited: