Awaiting to be a 197 owner in the new year!

HI guys, i been having a look on this forum recently at cars for sale etc as im hopefully going to be a 197 owner in the new year, after getting my 2yrs ncb :smiley: and being 18/19! :-P
Would like to ask a quick question about things to look out for etc when buying a 197 as not to insult but "frnech" cars are sterotyped by many people!
Thanks alot and cant wait to buy one and upload some pics etc and get to know you lot
Cheers
Tom :thumbup:

Welcome to the site. No 'common' faults, other than a few things here and there. Some people say gearboxes are weak, but it's few and far between, just check like any car that the gears all feel ok.

One thing that WILL go is the door seals, but the just crack and don't cause any leaks or anything bad like that, they just don't look very good. They're cheap to replace too.

197s are great motors and a perfect step up from the 'normal' cars you drive when you're younger. I went from a 1.2 Clio to my 197. Good luck with buying.

:welcome: to the site, what a car to have at your age too, you will be loved by all your mates :smile::smile::smile:

Welcome to the site, the only thing you need to look out for is the hole that will be burned into your wallet at the petrol station. ;-)

Cheers lads :smile:

much help and yeah, have a mk6 fiesta zetec s 1.6 at the moment, which was quick when i was 17 but now its time to move up! :smiley:
Defiently have to have the Recaro's tho, is a must have in a clio

thanks

:thumbup: welcome mate
Make sure cambelt aux belt and water pump as been done
Enjoy it.hope you have deep pockets you will need them lol