Automatic Wipers

Anybody have any issues with them not coming on when it starts to rain?

Was lashing down earlier when I was out for a drive and they didn't come on!

They will wipe once if I twist the sensitivity setting on the wiper stalk.

I presume it may have something to do with the sensor in behind the rear view mirror?

I always had to flick it on/off on my megane every time i started the ignition and it would be auto from there, or did they fix that?

I always had to flick it on/off on my megane every time i started the ignition and it would be auto from there, or did they fix that?

thats actually right, i forgot that, everytime you turn the ignition on you have to reset it by flicking back down then back up one again.

Not on mine. I set the wipers to auto the day I picked it up, and I've literally not touched the stalk since.

Mine is on and off... Sometimes it needs reminding, sometimes it doesn't. Perhaps it depends on the severity of the rain.

when i first got mine there was a problem with it not auto wiping. Was all done under warranty though. Something small like a resistor or something daft like that. Worth dropping it in to Renault for a look?

Thanks for the response guys. I've had no issue up until lately with them! Tried flicking the stalk on/off and twisting the sensitivity setting around a few times, but nothing happens. I have noticed that they seem to work better when the car is stationary but they don't come on at all when driving.

Was thinking about replacing the gel between the sensor and the windscreen to see if made any difference. Any thoughts on that?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-C...CarParts_SM&hash=item27c1b8ac1f#ht_500wt_1156

Taking it back to Renault is the last resort...

Never had to reset mine, it is always 'active' when I go out, I just leave it in the auto position.

[BEGIN SARCASM]I've never had a problem with my rain sensitive wipers - my eyes - I can tell perfectly well when it's raining or dry and turnt he wipers off/on accordingly :wink: [/END SARCASM]

[BEGIN SARCASM]I've never had a problem with my rain sensitive wipers - my eyes - I can tell perfectly well when it's raining or dry and turnt he wipers off/on accordingly :wink: [/END SARCASM]

For a moment there I thought I was on ClioSport.net....

For a moment there I thought I was on ClioSport.net....

Lol, I couldn't comment on that. I hope you get a fix, it seems Renault rain sensitive wipers are a little prone...our little black 1.4 one just cannot do rain sensitive, and because of this, intermittent wipe doesn't work. Even more annoying is you can't deactivate the rain sensitive bit :s

Lol, I couldn't comment on that. I hope you get a fix, it seems Renault rain sensitive wipers are a little prone...our little black 1.4 one just cannot do rain sensitive, and because of this, intermittent wipe doesn't work. Even more annoying is you can't deactivate the rain sensitive bit :s

Cheers. It feels like I've went back in time 13 years to my Renault 5! It didn't have an intermittent wipe either lol.

One of my mates knows a windscreen fitter, so he's going to see if he can get me the gel to try out first of all.

Anybody have any issues with them not coming on when it starts to rain?

Was lashing down earlier when I was out for a drive and they didn't come on!

They will wipe once if I twist the sensitivity setting on the wiper stalk.

I presume it may have something to do with the sensor in behind the rear view mirror?

Mate I have the same problem at times so you aren't the only one in regards to the auto wipers. If the wipers don't come on when needed I turn the switch to a bigger drop on the stalk. Once i've done that I then turn it back down to little drop or keep it the same and the sensor and wipers respond as they should from then on. This doesn't always happen to me though. The same happens for me with the auto lights as well. Sometimes they come on and stay on for longer than they should. For example, when i've gone through a tunnel, some days the sensor may respond quickly and then go off as soon as sunlight hits the sensor and other days lights may stay on for a few mins even though i've come out the tunnel until they go off again.

Overall auto lights and wipers are a good feature to have. :smile: