Arrived! :D

So how many miles you put on already Jaxx?

Keeping it under the 3.5k rev run-in mark is gonna be difficult :'(

So how many miles you put on already Jaxx?

Keeping it under the 3.5k rev run-in mark is gonna be difficult :'(

Using the speed limiter function assisted me with this issue. I did my run in over a long weekend travelling from hastings to liverpool on the motorway and the speed limiter really assisted with my heavy right foot.

Just checking in quickly as I'm on my phone...

After a shaky start... OMG it's good! Put about 120miles on it lastnight :smiley:

Already have a case of "Rentronics" too lol!!

Full report a little later :smile:

Just checking in quickly as I'm on my phone...

After a shaky start... OMG it's good! Put about 120miles on it lastnight :smiley:

Already have a case of "Rentronics" too lol!!

Full report a little later :smile:

Shaky start? :scared:

Oh god I hope the issue isn't too serious! 120 miles isn't too bad for one night! I bet like me, you dint actually go anywhere, but enjoyed every minute! Its gotta be done!

We only managed to put about 70 miles onto our new 200 yesturday. The roads up this way are chaos with roadworks and the like.

Taking her a wee blast this weekend to Largs so hopefully we should be closer to that magic figure of 625 by then.

Right... shaky start... not as bad as it sounds.

Basically i was supposed to be going in to collect the car at 12 o'clock, but had to finish off a few bits of money paperwork.

So i arrived and Phil the salesman was busy finishing off another handover, aknowledged to him to show i was there, grabbed a brew and plonked myself in front of the telly.

He came by about 15mins later and took my paperwork bits to send them off to the company that has been dealing with my P/X (bit of a faff between Volvo and Renault), then explained he had some other stuff to do and would i mind hanging on... no problem, i said i have nothing but time today...

Anyway, i was still sat there until just gone 2pm (albeit with regular updates) and then Phil suggested i come back later when they had stopped mucking about... basically the car couldnt be released until the P/X had been properly confirmed and the funds transfered...

I put on a brave face and agreed, i was starving as it was! So went to the missus' place and had some grub and a kip!

Thankfully i then got a call at 5pm from Phil confirming we were good to go, and from that point everything sailed through effortlessly! Signed and filled in some forms and then for the big moment... it became mine! :thumbup:

So, i was given a guided tour of the car, then said my farewells and thanks, and off i went.

Dropped the missus off, juiced it up and had some tea. Originally i was hoping to have the afternoon of tootling round and was feeling a bit tired.... but no... couldnt hold back... hoped in and set a course for the Dales :thumbup:

Sorry for being all drama queen but.... OMG this thing is awesome! :thumbup:

OK ive not really gave it some beans yet for obvious reasons and keeping well within 5000rpm, but just at that range... its an absolute weapon! Once shes run in, and i can get up to the limits, i think my balls will explode!

The first leg of my journey involves a nice little windy road... now i have been used to driving my Volvo in which case you have to constantly over compensate the steering, but the first corner i came to with some reasonable pace, i literally tried to do the same through instinct and almost looked at the hedge! I wasnt going like a loony, probably 35mph max, into a corner that you can easily fly round at 50mph, i just could not believe how well it responded and reacted to what i told it to do... que big silly cheesy grin...

I could go on and on... but to say im impressed is an understatement... even from my test drive, which was a 197 Cup it didnt prepare me for what i was getting! As my test drive didnt really amount to anything like i would be eventually using it for....

Anyway, go to Buxton and acquired Earpl, and we duely went for a cruise over the Cat & Fiddle lol. Again wasnt giving it the beans, but just the way it minced round the corners was absolutely immense and satisfying!

Oh... and one thing i would like to take back... cornering lights... worth every penny! At first i thought id bought myself into a gimmick, but they do an insane job of blasting loads more light into the apex of a corner (especially a right hander) while the dips are casually pointing somewhere randomly into a field.

Just a beautiful machine to drive :thumbup1:

I could gush all night, but im teaching grandma to suck eggs on here.

My "Rentronics" incident by the way... randomly on the way to Earpls last night... my trip meter (the display at the top of the instrument panel) slowly started to fade away until it was showing nothing at all!

I stopped and started the car, but no win.... and it stayed like that all night.

Assuming a teething problem, i put it in my mind to call Ren-hult today, but on getting in the car for work this morning... it was alive again! But then faded and went to nothing by the time i got to work!

Then... i got in the car to come home... it was alive... and still was when i got in!

Strange... quick trip to them to have a looky me thinks... had something similar with my Volvo where you could either have the instrument panel working or the interior lights on... but not both lol. But that was the main computer and a module on the CANBUS arguing with each other, a quick firmware fix sorted that... im hoping it may be of the same?

Also i found out by total accident tonight that my iPhone can play music through the Bluetooth OR by just using a bog standard Apple USB cable stuffed in the cars USB socket! Absolute result! I was all geared to buy one of those Alpine HU's to do the job! The interface is a little bit fiddly, but it works, and thats good enough for me!

Im smitten... thats all i can say :smile:

Ill get more pics come the weekend when theres some more light :smile:

Had a bit off a strange one when i got it... reversed into my drive it seemed to do a funny wobble... fearing i had just backed into my other car... i got out to find this :smiley:

EXP_20100302_217.jpg

yeh. a bit weird the suspension sometimes.
jack a rear wheel a bit high and 3 wheels come off the floor.

Seems like you have enjoyed it so far then mate! I hope you get the teething problems sorted! Yeah I have the same thing happen when I come into my drive; front wheel does it then the rear, its a weird feeling the first time! The best thing is getting one wheel off going round roundabouts lol...

Well up till now the instrument panel has been behaving but I'll mention it at the next time I speak to them.

Failed to put any decent miles on it last night as I was busy with some other stuff bar a quick squirt round the village to give my brother a demo and the work haul of course. I'm now up to about 200miles.

If nobody bothers me tonight, think I might have a trip to the coast and back. :smiley:

This running in is seriously hard work... when I hear the exhaust start to bark at around 4k I have to force myself off the go pedal!

I've had a couple of steady runs through the full RPM range as I'm a big believer that restricting it during it's early days is a bit of an antiquated method. Even just gently going through the revs, when you get to the switching point you can feel it getting seriously eager to go :smiley:

Nipped in to Renault (Co-Op/Sunwin) today to chat to their techy bloke about the Rentronics incident i had with my dash.

Above all, a very helpful chap :smile: I explained what had gone wrong and hes getting on to Renault France on Monday to see if there are any similar reports, with a potential solution.

May be a software update, may need a new dash unit in the worst case! :blush:

However... its not done it since Turesday morning, and id rather not have the dash dismantled!

With a bit of luck it was just the panel being "French" and decided to have a strike/4 hour lunch break.