Are Dump valves chavvy?

might make a difference if you were running rally car levels of boost (2bar + ) otherwise it's all bull****

So you don't approve of attaching duck whistles to them either? I was told this added 20 LOLs to any journey!

For reference:

[YOUTUBE]k6BPAr_j8wc[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
LOL @ the duck valves.

I think it depends on the car and driver, I don't think its the dump valve thats chavvy, its people fitting them to 306d's revving it till it blows three times each time they pull in to a parking space in Asda car park.

I was walking with my girlfriend a few weeks back when a 225 F1 drove past which had a dump valve and she said 'why is that car sneezing?'. I think it's one of those things where once you've heard it you can never un-hear it, so it's kind of ruined them for me now!

I was walking with my girlfriend a few weeks back when a 225 F1 drove past which had a dump valve and she said 'why is that car sneezing?'. I think it's one of those things where once you've heard it you can never un-hear it, so it's kind of ruined them for me now!

:rofl:

I've come to the conclusion that the noise is fine, its the cars associated with having them that has made it 'un-cool'. Not sure whether the counter argument is does fitting one to the clio makes it 'cool' cause you wouldn't associate the noise to it....If you get my drift?

As someones already said, the cars bright yellow, cup spoiler, with induction and exhaust noise already...??

I used to have 2 on my Punto GT, I look back now and think 'WTF was I thinking?'

I think you can get adjustable recirc/atmospheric valves can't you? Gives you the option of adjusting how much is dumped out and hence the volume/type of noise.

I used to have 2 on my Punto GT, I look back now and think 'WTF was I thinking?'

I think you can get adjustable recirc/atmospheric valves can't you? Gives you the option of adjusting how much is dumped out and hence the volume/type of noise.

Yeah you can get adjustable ones, my brother in law has one on his scoob, it lets him set how loud it is. Everything from nice and subtle to stupid.