dump valve ?

i want to get alot of waste gate chatter noise from my meg converted 197 to achive this can i remove the original dump valve and fit a blanking plate ?

will there be any side affects draw backs by doing this ?

From what I've just read (thinking back to my Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo days), the chatter comes from a BOV, the flutter comes from blanking it off.
Taken from a comment on YouTube: The subaru's you speak of have lots of compressor surge as the compressed air has no where to vent other than back through the turbo, which chops the air causing that sutututu sound. Wastegate flutter occurs DURING acceleration, completely different
So bearing that in mind, is it healthy to do this at it seems some turbos (from further reading) are not built adequately for this operation.
However, I could be talking out of my arse!

Reactions: Sean197
Can't see the turbo lasting long when the air is all passing back through it rather than being recirculated or vented to atmosphere.

From what I've just read (thinking back to my Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo days), the chatter comes from a BOV, the flutter comes from blanking it off.
Taken from a comment on YouTube: The subaru's you speak of have lots of compressor surge as the compressed air has no where to vent other than back through the turbo, which chops the air causing that sutututu sound. Wastegate flutter occurs DURING acceleration, completely different
So bearing that in mind, is it healthy to do this at it seems some turbos (from further reading) are not built adequately for this operation.
However, I could be talking out of my arse!

Yep, this (the surge bit, not the talking out of your arse bit). It's more of an issue at higher boost, but still an issue. I personally wouldn't do it.

http://www.turbosmartusa.com/technical-articles/flutter-compressor-surge/

Reactions: Micah
you could but as already put it wont do the turbo any good..when off the throttle the boost has to go somewhere

I thought that was what the different springs were for. Larger spring stays open longer and dumps all the air, the tighter spring releases a little before closing quickly and only giving the air the only route back into the turbo. It's not what they're designed for, but it's what you can achieve