Are DS2500's any worse in everyday driving?

As above really..

Need some new front pads so I am looking at various options.

The brakes are already fantastic on the car but obviously any potential improvements are not to be sniffed at.

I don't track my car (yet) but I use it a lot 'fast road' and often really lean on the brakes. So am keen for better braking performance.

On the other hand my fiancée uses it for commuting up and down the A1 so if the pads are any worse than standard from cold or in normal driving then they're not really an option for me.

Any advice appreciated.:coffee:

i find them on the first use a bit "dead" but once that first bit of heat is in they are fine

going down the buttertubs they just get better and better to the point i have to back off the brakes due to thier bite!!!

if your brakes are well maintained i would say stick to standard...

That first use, do you mean just one fairly heavy stop? If so I find the standard pads do the same. First heavy brake isn't great but after that they are a lot better.. If the DS2500 are similar to standard on first use I'll go for them.

because... the way you describe them down Buttertubs sounds exactly what I'm after!

I find the ds2500 fine in everyday use and they bite really well from cold. They are a big improvement over the standard pads IMO

I find them better in every way, even when stone cold. And actually they produce less dust than my standard rear pads.