Arch liners

the garage I brought the car from told me it is due to aquaplaning or driving through excess water and would of happened in the 24hrs I had owned the car which is a load of c***! So I took it to my local Renault garage and they said that it's not something to happen over night! Booked in to get them replaced and see what the garage is going to do about it

The absolute sh*te that some garages come out with is just astounding...! They will literally say anything to get out of liability for anything! How they think that anyone would buy that kind of explanation is beyond me!! What kind of water do they think you've driven through, acid rain?? :smiley:

the garage I brought the car from told me it is due to aquaplaning or driving through excess water and would of happened in the 24hrs I had owned the car which is a load of c***! So I took it to my local Renault garage and they said that it's not something to happen over night! Booked in to get them replaced and see what the garage is going to do about it

I'd be asking to see management on that issue and if no joy there then consumer rights :smile:

Just wow. Send them a strongly worded email starting off with this picture

zjxrie5ljfnmbvznhdqh.jpg

ive emailed them and called them! The plastic tray underneath the car at the front has brand new bolts on which is odd! So looks like it's been replaced! I wonder what other work has been done! I'm tempted to hand the car back and get another one from somewhere else!

Absolute sh!t. Did you buy it from a Renault dealership?

Jeez what a bullsh1t excuse! Worst I've heard. I know some of the renault build is questionable but the arch liners shouldn't dissolve in excess water!

No lie. They try to give off a good image but most people I've spoken to who've had a car from them have had problems. Some just laugh if I mention the name wilsons. A friend at work bought a Nissan from them years ago and I don't think there was a single panel that wasn't painted. They are a very big multi marque dealer so have the resources to sort your problems out if they want. I would just put pressure on them, threatening trading standards / sale of goods act / small claims court as required.

C
No lie. They try to give off a good image but most people I've spoken to who've had a car from them have had problems. Some just laugh if I mention the name wilsons. A friend at work bought a Nissan from them years ago and I don't think there was a single panel that wasn't painted. They are a very big multi marque dealer so have the resources to sort your problems out if they want. I would just put pressure on them, threatening trading standards / sale of goods act / small claims court as required.
cheers for the info mate!

Similar Thread Suggestions