AP Suspension

Hey guys, I went to get my HID kit fitted today at a local workshop, really happy with them! Anyway while I was there I was speaking to the co-owner and he told me they do a set of coilovers made by a company called AP suspension (who he then went on to explain, were a sub-company of KW) Just been on their website and they are much cheaper than KW but seem like a good set of coileys, the guy in the shop also rated them! AP do a set similar to the V1's but lower up to 70mm front and back.

Just wondered if anyone has had any experience with this company before as I was looking to place an order next month?

Dan

Buy cheap buy twice . It's that simple.

I have the kw v3's myself and so do a few others on here. From what I ave hurd the kwv3's are the best coilovers for the 197.

Although alot also rate kwv1's .

They look good, but then that doesn't say much! 24mths warranty is promising though least if they did go wrong have got some come back. TBH its better than the few months I have left on my Renault warranty! Price is great too! Same price with fitting as the v1 are alone!

not the best, but very good for the price :wink:

That's true...you can always get Öhlins like R3...:drool:

renault_clio_r3_34.JPG

renault_clio_r3_50.JPG

TRAINailear.jpg

aGrosplanAMORTO1.jpg

aGrosplanAMORTO2.jpg

Last edited:
From what I see in the picture, R3 suspension geometry is not the same as the normal clio? The other day I took my wheels out and it doesn't look like that. Other that that, Ohlins would be the way to go :wink:

It depends what you want from coilovers as to which are best.
if I was to buy again I'd get H&R's as the go muchower at the rear than the kw's.

I'd get the AP if they are what you can afford/want as with 24 waranty you can't go wrong. They must be confident about their product.

Ohlins suspension absolutely rules!

Always wanted them for my MR2 as they genuinely turned them into a good car lol. But you had to spend half what the car was worth to buy them :blush:

I feel as if the KW's would be the better option but I just cant afford them, plus they dont lower enough at the rear for me to be satisfied, think im going to be different and get the AP's

The AP's look fine tbh, and like said above, they must be confident to offer that much warranty on them?

If they meet your needs I don't see any reason not to go for them!

The AP's look fine tbh, and like said above, they must be confident to offer that much warranty on them?

If they meet your needs I don't see any reason not to go for them!

this is true very true . Good luck with your purchase keep us up to date .

Are you sure that the model AP sells works for the CRS? As I don't really know it. I think it's fro standard cars, not the Sport. You should ask before enquiring.

Hopefully I would get a set of broken H&R's and I would get them revalved to my specs, I only like to play that way.

Cheers

Are you sure that the model AP sells works for the CRS? As I don't really know it. I think it's fro standard cars, not the Sport. You should ask before enquiring.

Hopefully I would get a set of broken H&R's and I would get them revalved to my specs, I only like to play that way.

Cheers

Well i asked the local supplier and he said he priced one up this morning on a 197, came out the same price that they have on the wesbite.

I will definately keep everyone updated on this