AP racing brake kit

Jack Maxwell

Paid Member
So who's going to go for them first?

Probably overkill but good looking!

Would be nice if someone came up with a way of getting a monoblock calliper on the rear.

At that price there won’t be many takers!

Megane 3 calipers are a cheaper option and can be fitted I believe

We made our kit over 8 months ago and been in testing and all seems good.

It’s not as simple as different disks and they don’t bolt straight on.

We don’t sink coat anything it’s all hard coat anodised for longer lasting finish.

Our kit is slightly different. We have true floating rotors, don’t need wheel spacers for most wheels and we run a 343mm disk.
02934b430b5c349140bcaf6f2a9ea378.jpg

5310baeeed2777185906944a7891fadd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same calipers from APMotorsport for £1200.

So basically Pure want a grand for discs and brackets. No thanks.

And it looks like it's just a reyland 330mm brake kit which is less than 600? So you're just getting the full package in one place

We don’t sink coat anything it’s all hard coat anodised for longer lasting finish.

Our kit is slightly different. We have true floating rotors, don’t need wheel spacers for most wheels and we run a 343mm disk.

Great to see, there is a misconception about a floating disc set up.

How much?

Same calipers from APMotorsport for £1200.

So basically Pure want a grand for discs and brackets. No thanks.

I think your maths is slightly off.

Calipers are £621.99 each - £1,243.98 for the pair + Vat (AP Motorsport prices are all ex vat) £1,492
Rotors are genuine AP Racing rotors - Rallynuts have them for £288 each - £576

Already your at £2068 without custom made brackets, fixing hardware and the time it takes to create and develop the kit

Reactions: Psychoswat
And it looks like it's just a reyland 330mm brake kit which is less than 600? So you're just getting the full package in one place

Incorrect, the Reyland kit is £675 plus postage and comes with Reyland rotors not AP Racing rotors. Reyland rotors are made from pagid blanks so are not a motorsport grade rotor

Reactions: bedoef
Incorrect, the Reyland kit is £675 plus postage and comes with Reyland rotors not AP Racing rotors. Reyland rotors are made from pagid blanks so are not a motorsport grade rotor

Thanks for clarifying! I had another look and looks like I recalled the non-floating kit minus VAT (as I live outside the UK)

Yeah I got the reyland kit a while back. Ended up warping the rotors, could be my fault don't get me wrong. Upgraded to AP discs afterwards

Yeah I got the reyland kit a while back. Ended up warping the rotors, could be my fault don't get me wrong. Upgraded to AP discs afterwards
It wasn’t your fault, their discs are basic road discs and not meant for track days. The hats and brackets are fine but disc wise you’ve made the right choice in switching to AP’s

I have asked Nick from PMS to build this kit for me (incl the original design of the bracket)which he is selling right now... it looks to me that Supreme Motorsport had a superior design. But I couldn’t find that one being sold on their website..

Attachments

• 7C8706E3-CFE5-4B6B-AD23-2875356491B7.jpeg
    7C8706E3-CFE5-4B6B-AD23-2875356491B7.jpeg
    418.7 KB · Views: 17
Im sure this kit is sexual and looks amazing but its way too much overkill.

A Kit costing £1800+vat could get me 6 pairs of standard Red Brembos from Renault that would out see the life of the car.

The maintenance on these if changing discs & Pads will be more than a timing belt kit :flushed:

Reactions: Sean197
I have asked Nick from PMS to build this kit for me (incl the original design of the bracket)which he is selling right now... it looks to me that Supreme Motorsport had a superior design. But I couldn’t find that one being sold on their website..

You should have messaged Matt aka @R27WTF who owns Supreme Motorsport.⁶

Im sure this kit is sexual and looks amazing but its way too much overkill.

A Kit costing £1800+vat could get me 6 pairs of standard Red Brembos from Renault that would out see the life of the car.

The maintenance on these if changing discs & Pads will be more than a timing belt kit :flushed:

Different courses for different horses, people could say your retrim of your Recaros are overkill, if someone is seriously into their trackdays or racing, the kit is their "retrim". (PS they're lovely, I'm giving the opposite perspective)

I'm not saying I would get them lol, I'm just saying there is a market for it, as there are people who want it.

I bought B14s from a guy who just put Nitrons on his 197, £3.5k+VAT!

Different courses for different horses, people could say your retrim of your Recaros are overkill, if someone is seriously into their trackdays or racing, the kit is their "retrim". (PS they're lovely, I'm giving the opposite perspective)

I'm not saying I would get them lol, I'm just saying there is a market for it, as there are people who want it.

I bought B14s from a guy who just put Nitrons on his 197, £3.5k+VAT!

Hey I get what you are saying but that's serious money for a serviceable item , My re-trim was a one off and prob won't need done again.
These brakes are going to need money spent on them with pads & discs along with fitting kit at a massive cost.

As you know MK3 clios (more 197's) have never really held good value and for what reason that is I don't know but to spend £1800+vat or even £3.5k+vat on a car its crazy.

If its a dedicated track car running in competitions then I would say its justifiable but for a daily imo its crazy money.

Reactions: Sean197
Hey I get what you are saying but that's serious money for a serviceable item , My re-trim was a one off and prob won't need done again.
These brakes are going to need money spent on them with pads & discs along with fitting kit at a massive cost.

As you know MK3 clios (more 197's) have never really held good value and for what reason that is I don't know but to spend £1800+vat or even £3.5k+vat on a car its crazy.

If its a dedicated track car running in competitions then I would say its justifiable but for a daily imo its crazy money.

Yep as you said, it's aimed at a market of trackday or racers, some daily drivers might be tempted, but that's no different to people putting AST coilovers on their daily.

Yep it's a £2-3k car with £4.2k suspension or £2k calipers, but it's no different to my track E36 I got back in the day as a base car for £600 and straight away got £1.5k suspension, then a £1k cage...
They may need more maintenance, but nearly all sets will be on cars driven on track and hardly on the road, so mileage will be near zero there, but also they will have better braking properties, heat management (I assume it has teflon seals, to aid this), even clamping pressure etc.

Yes your Recaros aren't a serviceable item, but it will wear, you may not own it then, nothing in cars is "forever", it's an expensive game, whether you are going OEM+ like your build, making it as nice as it can be with a few mods, or a full blown track car, also some items hold their value, the reason why so many people break cars (me included on the said old E36) to get maximum money.