Anyone wish they had bought a 200 FF rather than the cup?

I almost got a 200 cup but opted for a 197 r27 in the end. Out of everything Keyless go is the bit id miss now.

I don't think Tillage5 is bothered about the temp sensor, there are so many things that I'd miss had I gone for a cup. Actually, from where should I start?
1. keyless entry? (precious)
2. electric folding mirrors (no need to go around the car and fold/unfold, especially when you live in London and you don't have a drive in)
3. auto lights/wipers (nice to have)
4. cruise control....I mean...come on! everyone here must agree that is a brilliant invention!
5. Better quality dash. ok I wouldn't miss it but it looks better, it's like a woman on make up...nice!!
I couldn't care less for the temp sensor btw neither for clima:smile:

I can honestly say I've never once used the Cruise or Auto Lights or Auto Wipers.

I have the silverstone edition in essance a ff with cup pack

belive me a 20k car and they have fitted centre caps that dont even match the wheels its a renault thing so expecting a temp gauge on an cup is lol

im happy (ish) with what i have its not rocket sip its not even what id call fast to be honest it does handle well but lacks a diff massivly and is super harsh on the b road with the cup pack i find i find it hard to feel comfy in the car when just trying to relax . but hey ho nature of the beast i gues.

love the auto wipers lights and cruise mind claimate on auto is cool too.

1. keyless entry?
So much so I hate getting keys out of my pocket to get in the front door!
2. electric folding mirrors (no need to go around the car and fold/unfold, especially when you live in London and you don't have a drive in)
And it looks cool....
I find lights are too slow to come on, so they're just always on, and wipers is magic!
4. cruise control....I mean...come on! everyone here must agree that is a brilliant invention!
I now even use it in towns. LOVE IT!!
5. Better quality dash. ok I wouldn't miss it but it looks better, it's like a woman on make up...nice!!
I couldn't care less for the temp sensor btw neither for clime:smile:
I think climate is the dogs ********! No more messing around with dials, just set it to 21.5 and be comfy!

Oh, and 197 FF's FTW!!

Previously I would of gone for a cup, as i did when i bought a 182 many moons ago.

But for me personally, I like all the toys the FF 200 has over the cup. Auto lights and wipers, keyless entry etc are all very nice things to have and make the car that little bit special to me.

Would i miss them if i didnt have them from the start? No, as none of my previous cars had them. Would i miss them now if i had to change car, definately.

Plus the performance differnce between a cup and FF, let me just measure it on my 'feck all stick'..... ah yes, nowt :smile:

****, the cups dont have an outside temprature sensor? :thumbdown:

I'll start looking for an FF then :rofl:

Last edited:
True story although for 14k its somethin very minor thats easy to include.

I think your missing the point. The reason Renault are able to produce a brand new 200hp performance hatch is exactly because of the fact they are able to offer this "back to basics" model.

Take a look around the car market, do you notice anyone else offering anywhere near what Renault do with the 200 cup for the price? No.

You cant have it both ways.

I don't think Tillage5 is bothered about the temp sensor, there are so many things that I'd miss had I gone for a cup. Actually, from where should I start?
You have a massive bulky sized keycard, we get an Audi-esk folding keyfob.
This isnt standard, this is an optional extra i thought?
I'll admit the auto-wipers are something i miss instead of attempting to gauge which speed wiper is required.
Never had a car with it and i dont do long journeys in my 200 so it would be lost on me.
The dash are the same unless im missing something here? The only difference is the climate control dials??
I couldn't care less for the temp sensor btw neither for clima:smile:

My take (cup owner) on your points raised :001_rolleyes:

The full fat dash has a soft touch covering which is much kinda to Caroline's head when I stamp on the Brembo's

and if the airbag goes off in a cup you do not have to replace the whole dash :thumbup:

I laugh at the soft touch dash. How many regularly "stroke" their dash? What is the point in it being soft really?

My take (cup owner) on your points raised :001_rolleyes:

You say the card is bulky but allow me to disagree. Its size is smaller than a credit card and its thickness is 4mm. I always carry it in my wallet (card slot) and obviously I always carry my wallet. Basically it feels like I'm not carrying anything extra. This option really spoils you. I drove a friend's car the other day and I had to look through all my pockets to fish the key while I was holding some stuff in my hands. Hard work!! It works for me anyway:smile:
2. electric folding mirrors
It is an extra indeed, but I don't think it's available on the cup (please correct me if I'm wrong)
3. auto lights/wipers
Not bothered with autolights (always on anyway) but auto wipers is nice to have, not necessary of course.I guess I'm one of those guys who when cruising through town I want to do as less as possible. And if wipers are working automatically then that's a bonus (for me anyway):smile:
4. cruise control
Fair enough on your statement. I guess if you don't do motorways then yeah, you are absolutely right.
5. Better quality dash.
Allow me to correct you. The material is different, it has a soft touch, the airbag cover is not visible and the facia of the dials is different. As I said, it's like a woman on make up. Always nice:smile:

And this is my take, R27 owner:smile:

So with a FF then, you dont have to put the credit card/key in the slot?

Just have it on you? i've not tried a FF.