anyone took their 197 to the ring?

I'm too paranoid to take my car on the track though lol

I intend on doing one to three laps, and that's it. I just wanna say I drove on it.

If I wasn't going with the lads I have been driving with for 10 years+ I would do a club trip

I have cancelled my religious annual Scotland Camping Holiday to goto the ring next summer, it is with my best mates.

Gonna miss Scotland a lot though, I dunon, kind of got bored of being at the ring after 3 days, but I dare say, better company and having my own car there will be a help!!!

D'oh...need a log in :worried:

Took delivery of my KW V1 coilovers thanks to the KTec Double December Discount Offer - but due to the freezing cold weather only got them fitted about 2 weeks ago!

Not much difference in regards to height from the H&R springs - but the handling is unreal! After having Spax and Gaz fully adjustable coilovers in two previous clios i can see exactly why these are worth the extra money!

Also got my personal plate on the car and apart from that everything else is the same - so after a quick (3hr :tongueout:) wash down i took some pics - excuse the quality - i had been out in the cold too long to give a stuff :tongueout:

Before:

7.jpg

After:

coils2.jpg

coils3.jpg

coils1.jpg

Next thing is to get it fully machine polished when it warms up - then come april/may think about changing wheels. Was considering the white speedline alloys? possibly even the cup racer magnesium ones?

8d60_27.jpg

Opinions/comments welcome

/Ross

Just thought i would throw a few pics i took out tonight of the motor.

After toying with the idea of selling it and kinda losing interest (and going through irritating problems like blowing up tyres in potholes!!) - going back to uni and driving it up and down has reminded me what a great car it is! And how m uch i enjoy driving it!

so treated her to a quick clean and then a few pics - hope ya like! Sorry about lack of quality and bad light - forgot the tripod so couldnt do much playing about!

edit1.jpg

edit3.jpg

edit4.jpg

edit2.jpg

/Ross

Havent had a chance to post up some new pics of the cl10, all in a rush to get it ready for sunday!

Few new additions to give it a more 'racey' look! :tongueout:

added the RenaultSport front splitter and rear spoiler, and added eibach 25mm spacers.

Big thanks to armo at StreetRacer and SQ Design for sorting me out in mega quick time before UCS.

Sorry about pics - as i was driving to the planned location it decided to start raining! Also the car isnt clean either so again apologies!

DSC_0003.jpg

web1.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

/Ross

Hi, i've been to the Nurburgring a few times but on my sportsbike and love the place. Just bought a 197 cup so would love to take that over there and see what it could do.
I normally go for a week which has cost between 800 and a grand and includes 10-12 laps, to be honest the roads around the Ring are just as good as the track if you know where to go
The B258 which runs from Nurburg to Blankenheim is the best road if ever been on....here's a link of that road...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S4RFbm3DFw

Here's a video of me being filmed doing a lap on my Suzuki GSXR1000k5, obviously i'm on the bike in front.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJlG8k0TmWg

Get yourself over there.. it's awesome.
cheers