Anyone into Rock?

Morty197

Clean all the things
Platinum Member
As the title says...

I do like electronic music as much as the next person, just wondered if there were any rockers out there?:headphone:

200Cup Andy?:thumbsup:

What kind of rock? there's vast swaves of variety in terms of sub genres.

Most of what I listen to is Rock but some of it is not very mainstream or just plain old.

Love rock !!! Mainly into Metal and Hardcore though. Thrash/Black Metal/Death Metal. That's more of what im into, but do listen to AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Led Zep etc.

I love a bit of Led Zep/ AC/DC Rush/ Rainbow / Pink Floyd etc...not into the really heavy stuff...gutted not to have Rush tickets for their tour this year...

What kind of rock? there's vast swaves of variety in terms of sub genres.

Most of what I listen to is Rock but some of it is not very mainstream or just plain old.

I was hoping someone would say that:tongueout:roud:

Any is :welcome:

Myself, I am into most of it from slightly heavy onwards. Post hardcore and (as much as everyone may hate it) electronica metalcore. I will give anything a listen really! You wouldn't see me as a metal fan just by looking tho! lol

What are some stand out bands you like?

Old Thrash metaller here - softened abit though now and like all sorts :glare:
Nice, seen DevilDriver and Slayer live. What bands do you like?

Love rock !!! Mainly into Metal and Hardcore though. Thrash/Black Metal/Death Metal. That's more of what im into, but do listen to AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Led Zep etc.

I love a bit of Led Zep/ AC/DC Rush/ Rainbow / Pink Floyd etc...not into the really heavy stuff...gutted not to have Rush tickets for their tour this year...

I do like it heavy but this is where it came from. Gotta get the Led out every so often :biggrin:

Anyone do any festivals?

I have weird tastes and my music drive has stuff varying from Beethoven to The Ink spots to Iron Maiden.

In terms of Rock my favourites are Steppenwolf, Iron Maiden, Cheap Trick, rush, Black Sabbath, Thrice, velvet revolver.... the list could fill a page :tongueout:

Also grew up through the nu-rock era so System of a down/Rage against the machine are some of the hard rock items.

Bought Jimi Hendrix at the start of this year, first real rock music I have bought and its brilliant. Love it! :001_rolleyes:

ha only just spotted this thread lol

ill listen to alot of things but its metal i listen to the most.

stuff like 36 crazyfists, killswitch engage, enter shikari, thrice, older dillinger escape plan and biffy clyro before all the main stream stuff. ive been known to listen to lamb of god, slayer, things like that lol. waiting for the times of grace album to come out

i tend to have alot of music on burnt cds but dont know what it all is lol

been to see 36 in cambridge and then enter shikari when they were supporting the prodigy and pendulum need to got to more gigs but im skint at the mo so thats put an end to that

Last edited:
everyones loves to rock, they just dont know it. Too many bands to name, although I have got stuck in the early 2000s when it comes to must. Cant let go. First band I ever saw live was Biffy Clyro back in 2002/3. Best band live has got to be Slipknot, stage performance is unrivalled.

i tend to ping about the modern stuff depending on what mood im in lol

just been listening to the i player and heard funeral for a friends new song so ive just gone and found the cds lol there new ones got a kick to it though its called "front row seats to the end of the world" seems alot heavier than the stuff i can remember from them

They did have a heavier side to them, even back in the day. Never came through very often though, Art of American Football was a tune!

yup, i am a rock/metal fan.

like most, my choice covers many genres.

At the moment been listening to alot of Bury Your Dead.

Cant wait for Architects new album too!

last band i saw live... the amazing Parkway Drive!

ha only just spotted this thread lol

ill listen to alot of things but its metal i listen to the most.

stuff like 36 crazyfists, killswitch engage, enter shikari, thrice, older dillinger escape plan and biffy clyro before all the main stream stuff. ive been known to listen to lamb of god, slayer, things like that lol. waiting for the times of grace album to come out

i tend to have alot of music on burnt cds but dont know what it all is lol

been to see 36 in cambridge and then enter shikari when they were supporting the prodigy and pendulum need to got to more gigs but im skint at the mo so thats put an end to that

Lovin all of the above, similar taste to me. Fists are pretty good live, although only seen them at a festival not a gig...

They did have a heavier side to them, even back in the day. Never came through very often though, Art of American Football was a tune!

Good shout, FFAF are great red is the new black and Roses are my faves. Still need to see em live. Need to get their new stuff.

yup, i am a rock/metal fan.

like most, my choice covers many genres.

At the moment been listening to alot of Bury Your Dead.

Cant wait for Architects new album too!

last band i saw live... the amazing Parkway Drive!

Three great bands, Last band i saw was Architects supporting A Day To Remember. possibly one of my fave gigs ever!

Anyone else?

Anyone on this thread do any of the festivals?

Metal fan here

Big into Five finger Death Punch at the mo, and currently awaiting the welcome return of Spineshank

Currently got Papa Roach's Time for Annihilation in the cd player

Also listen to older stuff as well, love the Stones unfortunately never had the chance to see them

old school for me metallica, slayer, anthrax, black sabbath, led zep, rory gallagher, acdc, napalm death and pink floyd. cant wait to sonisphere this year the big 4 are playing metallica, anthrax, slayer and megadeath.
then teh 90s came along and brought the rave scene lol i have a diverse selection of music now every thing from abba to zztop...

KsE fans should check out Times of Grace.

really good album! (featuring Adam D and Jesse)