Anyone gone from a 197 cup to a 200 cup?

Is there much of a difference, been looking at chopping my totally standard 197 cup with 70k miles in for a 200 cup
Mine is an early 2008 model so don't think it has the revised gearbox ratios.

You should notice a difference.

Revised stiffer suspension, more mid range torque, different gear ratios.

i dont think that its worth it, keep your 197cup and maintain it properly and it will go forever. :smile: i have driven the r27 and i have the 200ff cup.

I owned a 197 cup and have am just coming back with a 200 FF - what I have noticed is slightly better fuel economy and a better pull from lower down so far. But I have only had the 200 for 2 weeks now.

I get around 35mpg on a run so don't mind the fuel economy and when I am B road blasting, low down poke isn't an issue

i noticed better mid range torque and the shorter gear ratios when i drove a friends 200 FF, and nicer heavier steering compared to my non cup 197.

To be honest, if you can afford to chop in your 197 cup for a newer 200, why not? You're still choosing the best car either way and the 200 is still an upgrade imo

To be honest, if you can afford to chop in your 197 cup for a newer 200, why not? You're still choosing the best car either way and the 200 is still an upgrade imo
the only thing that is stopping me is i have sorted most if not all of the germlins these cars suffer from with my 197, exhaust flexis, thermostat, new brakes all round, suspension balljoints, gearbox is 100% perfect
just concerned i would be starting again and it wouldn't be that much of a difference, also a little concerned the 200 cup suspension might be a little harsh, i do find the 197 cup is almost a perfect compromise

If your happy, Why change it?

Then again you could upgrade into a megged 200 or a raider, something more special :smile:

I owned a 197 cup and have am just coming back with a 200 FF - what I have noticed is slightly better fuel economy and a better pull from lower down so far. But I have only had the 200 for 2 weeks now.
Thats because of the shorter gear ratios in the first 3 gears.

I've changed from 197 to 200 gearbox and it's a winner.

I haven't driven a 200 cup so can't comment on the differences, but I agree with Chris - why change into something if you're happy with the 197 and you've got it just how you want it :smile:

A test drive in a 200 cup could help make your mind up either way.

im not sure a test drive (on the road at least) would give me enough of a chance to push the car to see the differences
i guess i was hoping someone would comment who has owned both and tell me the 200 is a huge improvment (which is what the motoring press would have you believe)

I haven't driven a 200 cup so can't comment on the differences, but I agree with Chris - why change into something if you're happy with the 197 and you've got it just how you want it :smile:

A test drive in a 200 cup could help make your mind up either way.

the only thing that is stopping me is i have sorted most if not all of the germlins these cars suffer from with my 197, exhaust flexis, thermostat, new brakes all round, suspension balljoints, gearbox is 100% perfect
just concerned i would be starting again and it wouldn't be that much of a difference, also a little concerned the 200 cup suspension might be a little harsh, i do find the 197 cup is almost a perfect compromise
As they say " If it aint broke, don't fix it." Sounds like you've already made your mind up.

I am same opinion as most bud, if you have sorted all the issues out why change!! You could buy a 200 ccup and just have all the same issues as the 197 and then you would prob resent the car!! I have had all the gremlins sorted like yourself gearbox, manifold, hub carrriers, and have often thought about a 200 but thought better of it! As one of the other members said why not save the cash for a megane conversion at least then it will be a really worthy upgrade ?? ☺☺