Anyone driven a Fiat 500 Abarth?

We have one.

It's Lisa's daily. I'm out and about just now but I'll give you my opinion on it when I'm home tonight...I love it though, best sounding four pot ever made !

would that be "turbo 4-pot" :blink:

best 4-pot ever.....has a honda badge on it!

I was about to sign for one then bought my 200 they are nice cars but the Clio wins on looks but the 500 does have a very nice interior

Ours is white with red side stripes/bonnet scorpion & mirrors, also has the white SS wheels for the summer. We've done a fair bit to it as Abarth have all the good stuff as branded expensive options.

The standard cars suspension is really poor and extremely high at the rear. Its a must do if you buy one. Most go for the Abarth Koni FSD kit which we have. Its an amazing bit of kit, smooth and compliant whilst pootling around but once you lean on the car a bt in the bends valves open in the dampers and stiffen it up. It is an expensive piece of kit though so Id probably go KW V1 or Bilstein coilovers.

Standard brakes are good enough but you can do the usual pad upgrade etc. We've just bought the Abarth Brembo kit for ours and i can't wait to have them fitted :lol:

As for engine and tuning wise the standard actuator holds them back. Without changing that your looking at a maximum of 160-170hp and 280nm torque. Trust me when i say its pretty rapid in gear and a real laugh. For more pops and bangs swap the back box for a Group N section (no silencer). If you go for the forge actuator and a decat for best results your looking at 190hp-200hp and 320nm torque...our next items on the to do list.

One other point which really makes a big difference are the tyres, the Pirelli's on the 17" option wheels are terrible imo. Michelin's or Contis deal with the torque much better.

You looking at buying it new or used ?

Hi mate,

thanks for the response it made for an interesting read......quite a few good points to consider.

If I were to go for one it would be a used one and probably looking at a 2009 which is the lower end of the price bracket.

I really am considering one of these now.

Hi mate,

thanks for the response it made for an interesting read......quite a few good points to consider.

If I were to go for one it would be a used one and probably looking at a 2009 which is the lower end of the price bracket.

I really am considering one of these now.

Well if your going for a 2009 (same year as ours) try and streach to an SS the seem to command roughly £1.5k more than a standard car but your getting the power jump from 135 to 160, brembo drilled discs and pads all round, white or titanuim wheels and a BMC panel filter.

One thing to consider as well is the service intervals. If its an SS (or if your turning up the boost yourself with a remap) the oil and oil filter changes are every 6k.

Your not going to be able to throw it into corners at the speeds a RenaultSport can handle but its still a lot of fun...did i mention the noise :lol:

Would you say all round it is cheaper to run than a RS Clio?

Also are the leather seats the way to go and worth waiting for?

Thanks

The leather seats make the interior. Especially if your getting red leather.

Make sure you have a look at a red car too, stunning in red with no decals !

You'll be at the petrol station just as often but only because of the 40 litre tank. It's an economical wee thing on a long run.

Love the look of the leather seats but the couple i have seen they look quite badly worn. Havent really seen one with the fabric seats though.

I am liking the grey colour at the minute but to be honest the white really stands out to me.