Anybody else like me?

That even tho ive a got a decent car which i love to death, spent a fair amount of my hard earned on it and every time i drive down my road in the works van and catch a glimpse of its arse end i think S**t thats a cracking car and its all mine!

The problem is i reckon in a years time ill really need to start consolidating my money so i can seriously start saving hard for my own house with the missus, which inventibly means the R27 will have to go.

and im already pretty much set on what i want to replace it

A stripped 172 or 182, total track slag just two seats nowt else, dont need a comfy car as its really only a weekend car, wont have to worry where i park it/damage/dents/track damage etc something like Fred's Dynacup springs to mind! and im honestly really looking forward to when it finally comes true!!

the fact is i still spend most of the day contemplating selling the car now so is anybody else like me? got something Amazing but for some reason just want something else???

or should i stop being too grown up and have both? lol

Last edited:
I spent a fortune supercharging my Golf and getting it up to the power i wanted but when i actually got there the sting in the wallet was so bad filling it up all the time it became almost a disappointment yet it was still the car of my youthful dreams! but im glad im breaking it into a million pieces and selling it all on now,

Its also the concept of getting something new can be a real bugger gets you exciting but many people sell up then regret it!

also worth thinking when are you going to get the most for your car if the sale is inevitable,

If your heart is crying out for a track slag id sell up and get it out your system!

Pete

I intend on keeping my R27 for the long haul, i think i love mine too much lol! I plan on taking mine off the road altogether at somepoint in the future and using it as a track car with all the trimmings.

I'm saving now for a house...gonna bike to work in the summer. The 197 is going nowhere. My pay rise also helped :smile:

...i often think like you....always thinking about the next motor when I don't really need to change the one I've got.....if you go for a 182....I reckomend a Trophy....track ready with recaros...just take the rear bench out!! Fantastic car...regret getting rid of mine!

Im always looking through pistonheads just in case there is ever an absolute bargain! Im immensely happy with the clio and I have no intention of trading it in for the next few years, Im enjoying it far too much and cant help but think that I may be disappointed if I was to get anything else. Had a play with a Leon last night which just confirmed to me once again how good the clio actually is!

One thing I want to do is either have an old mk1/2 golf to do up with a quality interior or to get a cooper s - gut it, heavily modify the engine and suspension to use it as a track slag. But I obviously wouldnt be getting rid of the 197 to do either project.

have my seat thingys and put nice recaros in and carpet the rear! Will be stripped and save the weight whilst still having nice looking recaro buckets and harnesses!!