Any Bikers Out There?

I'm really a 2-wheel man; not 4 ! Done all the road stuff and 1000 hyper-sports, track-days galore at one time, Supermotos etc etc....but currently into Green-laning on Sundays and have been for 2 or 3 years. On a good Sunday we can do around 110 miles with perhaps 60-70 miles of that being purely off-road and 40 or so on tarmac linking up the lanes.

Had a few bigger off-roaders, but the trouble is what they make-up for on the road bits between lanes; they lose out on the muddy bits. So i've just got a little-ole 250 KTM that i've never had so much fun on in all my motorcycling days. Every journey is a complete giggle and adventure....

DSCF3497_zpsc9671ee5.jpg

That will keep you fit Shuv.

Ride Sunday. Feel tired Sunday Evening after riding and the clean afterwards.

Monday - Usually a little stiff; but not too bad

Tuesday - Can hardly move - feel about 100 years old and ache like mad. Ready to die

Wednesday - Repeat above.

Thursday - Starts to ease off.

Friday - Normally ok.

Sat - Fresh as a daisy at last.

*****Here we go again !

So yes....its amazingly hard work. Anyone who thinks (Even for a Sunday pottering green-laner like me) you "just" sit on one of these and steer hasn't tried it !

Reactions: wanger and ///M
Saturday night I'm going to Arenacross at the Glasgow Hydro. You can't beat a bit of indoor motocross and stunt show. If the tour comes your way check it out, this will be my 3rd year.

Saturday night I'm going to Arenacross at the Glasgow Hydro. You can't beat a bit of indoor motocross and stunt show. If the tour comes your way check it out, this will be my 3rd year.

Sounds awesome ! Bet thats a good evening :smile:

Unfortunately the only things that come my way are Sugar-beet lorries.....

Used to ride sports bikes since the 80's suzuki rg500, gsxr's a couple of honda fire blades etc
packed it in 10 years ago as was going out with the mates every weekend & riding everywhere at 150mph
just stopped enjoying the ride out or should that be race
got the itch again last year but at 52 a little old and knackered for a sports bike so got myself a ktm 950 supermoto
only 100bhp but it's a real animal on a & b back roads surprises quite a few sportsbikes
DSC_0216_zpsvtc2qbml.jpg

This is my Yamaha FZ1 abs N.
HM quickshifter
Yoshi exhaust
Piper panel filter
Ecu flash
Polished rims
She ran 150bhp to the back wheel on the dyno. I've see 164mph on the clock.050516_4426_donington_park.jpg

Reactions: LOCKE
@LOCKE yea I'm on the right always reluctant to be in photos and no normally we don't even ride the bikes even in the paddock my only claim to fame is riding Michael Laverty's Relentless 600 from the podium at pit lane to the top paddock at Cadwell in 07 in front of several thousand people the year we won the supersport championship sounds easy but with eng. temp high, race shift pattern can be a little bit of pressure and again this year with Hutchys superstock with left hand shift and race pattern but beats pushing up that hill.

I ride Greenland's on my now TBH. I currently have a husaberg FE450 with the 70 degree engine. A master piece of engineering! And I have a husqvarna 701 enduro for the longer rides. Started on a tzr125 in marlboro colours. RGV 250 banana arm, GSXR 600 K4.. had a break from the roads as we had children and I wanted a garage! I love laning so much.

@LOCKE yea I'm on the right always reluctant to be in photos and no normally we don't even ride the bikes even in the paddock my only claim to fame is riding Michael Laverty's Relentless 600 from the podium at pit lane to the top paddock at Cadwell in 07 in front of several thousand people the year we won the supersport championship sounds easy but with eng. temp high, race shift pattern can be a little bit of pressure and again this year with Hutchys superstock with left hand shift and race pattern but beats pushing up that hill.
That would be good enough for me! Who is the guy in between Hector and Hutchy as you seem to see him a lot on the grid.

That's Lee you see a lot of him because that's why he's stands there but he was the main mechanic that day on that superbike.

Similar Thread Suggestions