Mountain Bikers! (all mountain, freeriders)

fmp

Platinum Member
opinions needed people.

Canyon Torque 9.0 Vertride:
bici-canyon-mtb-torque-9.0-vertride.gif

OR

Cannondale Claymore 2:
39592-98284_1_Zoom.jpg

For general all-mountain, freeriding UK fun, with hopefully the odd French Alps trip!

Are they not more downhill bikes? What is the weight of each of them?

They look brilliant fun TBH but I think they would be tiring all day. If it was my money the Canyon looks the better bike, but I haven't been looking into the specs.

they fall into the 'all mountain' or 'freeride' category.

with 2x10 gearing, you are meant to be able to ride them up the hills, then seriously enjoy the down!

I dont really mind if there is a slight push to the top, as long as the decent is balls out!!

I prefer this type of riding. These look like good bits of kit. I don't ride much anymore, not in to biking anywhere near as much as I was, so don't really know much about the kit as I used.

Dont know much about the 2 bikes you have posted but I did own a Norco Shore 2 which sits in the same catergory of allmountain freeride. I used to ride it up Afan Argoed and ok it was a right b*tch on some of the climbs due to the supension travel but my jesus did it more than make up for it on the descents.
Just think of it as a bit of extra excercise:thumbsup:

One bit of advice though see if you can get a decent shop that would allow you to take either of the bikes for a test ride before parting with your cash

Edit: Ok it wasnt a right b*tch it was hell on some of the climbs but still more than manageable but as i said earlier the descents more than made up for it. The lil skinny Lycra monkeys who were laughing at me whilst overtaking me on the uphills were spitting out my dust on the down hills. Hahaha.

Last edited:
Hi! Bikes quite similar, but canondale is Canondale - minuses are just strange crankset, rear shox is useless for resale and maintance. GOOD Bike.
Canyon have very beautifull XTR cranset and nice DHX AIR shox, quite easy to sell and to make service. About the specs of its frame - do not know absolutely, better to try, of course it is german engeneering from china.
IMHO i'll try to find some nice FOES/Intence/Nicolai/Yeti or something from Liteville (like 901) or Lapierre from Nicolas Vouliozzz.

Last edited:
Dam you!

All I have been thinking about all day is getting another bike now... :s

LOL :wink:

test ride them if you can, in terms of performance there's probably not much in it so I'd just go for the one that feels better. and check that there's a tool-less 'lock-out' on the suspension (usually a little cap that you twist on top of the forks), makes all the difference to be able to ride up a big hill without the suspension bobbing around and soaking up all your hard effort, just don't forget to twist it back for the descent :smile:
if there is a lock-out on the rear too, it looks like it would be easier to reach on the canyon whilst riding, maybe something to consider.
you can't lose either way though they should both be great bikes :thumbup1:

As already said on here get out and ride them both if you can....personal choice is Cannondale for me as always loved them!

Too be fair though there is also a lot of other bikes in this area you could have a look at...always the way though...decisions decisions!