Am I going mad?

I have a low mileage 2011 RS200 and for the past week or so I am convinced I can smell 'burning oil' or possibly exhaust fumes from time to time while driving...

Is it possible that I have a minor oil leak or a leaky exhaust or - as the title says - am I imagining things?!?

Anyone ever experienced similar? My RS197 developed an oil leak from the back of the head and that was causing a similar problem........

:tongueout:anic:

I got that myself and maybe it's the air circulation thing that lets air from outside?

After switching the circulation to internal only I didn't have any untoward smells.

I had this when I first got mine mate and after my xr2 days I said I'd never own another dirty oil burner again so I wanted to sort the problem instantly,

The cam cover bolts on my 197 where weaping oil and the oil was obviously burning off when the engine got hot,have you checked this?

It's a common fault but cheap and easy to fix

I had this when I first got mine mate and after my xr2 days I said I'd never own another dirty oil burner again so I wanted to sort the problem instantly,

The cam cover bolts on my 197 where weaping oil and the oil was obviously burning off when the engine got hot,have you checked this?

It's a common fault but cheap and easy to fix

This ^^^ :thumbup:

The 'problem' seems to have gone away but I will check the rocker cover bolts as suggested... :smile:

And yes edgew37 - it is quite possible that I am going mad!! :smile: x