Am i getting a good deal?

Going to look at a 197 tomorrow at a dealer. 07 plate, 42000 miles, two owners, cambelt done, full renault history, will find out more about it tomorrow. If all good i will be putting a deposit down, just wanted to see if people thought the price is right... they want £6000 for it but ill haggle them down a little hopefully.. its where i used to work for a bit so fingers crossed ill get a good deal :tongueout:

Let me know what you think..

Cheers

George

yeah thats what i thought, im 19 and its gonna be my second car. Going from a T reg fiesta to a clio sport :thumbup: Just thinking about the gearbox really, but it should have had a problem by now cause ive heard they tend to go quite early? It might have been changed, something to check tomorrow and see what has been done on the car.

Went to test drive the clio today, really liked it and it looked awesome. Only thing was when we popped the bonnet there was oil leaking from somwhere.. At the top left of the engine by the cambelt.. Anyone know what this is?

Probably a cam cap seal or rocker gasket.

Did you check the oil? When was it serviced? How much oil was in the engine? Checked the dip stick?

And as above; what spec is the car? Recaros/cup suspension etc

I only popped in after work and hardly had any time, going again on thirsday to see it again, they said they will check the leak and find out what it is. Cambelt was done 5000 miles ago. And its just a standard one, standard suspension and seats.

Chances are the belts been done and the cam cap isn't in correctly.

Don't jump at the car; there's too many around for sale at the moment to get carried away with one, any doubts just walk away and go view another.

Check tyres, brake pads/discs, and check for any creaking steering rack etc.

I'd be aiming for £5500 for an 07 with no spec.

I only popped in after work and hardly had any time, going again on thirsday to see it again, they said they will check the leak and find out what it is. Cambelt was done 5000 miles ago. And its just a standard one, standard suspension and seats.

I'd sell you mine for less than that mate. Black 197, 50k, very well looked after, FSH.

I'm selling my F1 for only a little bit more than that - 57 plate, slightly higher mileage, but comes with full Renault service history and all the nice bits! :wink:

The leak won't be the cam shaft caps if its leaking at the belt end, the caps are the gearbox side.

I think there's a known leak from one of the rocker bolts isn't there, whip it out, dab of sealant and put it back in.

The leak won't be the cam shaft caps if its leaking at the belt end, the caps are the gearbox side.

I think there's a known leak from one of the rocker bolts isn't there, whip it out, dab of sealant and put it back in.

its this...do a search been mentioned plenty of times....