Almost lost my life today : (

I was in an accident today.

I was driving to work, going up a hill, there was an elderly lady driving on the wrong side of the road. It was nearly a head on collision, I tried to jump out of the way but she caught my mirror and rear tyre plus rear bumper. Her little ford fiesta is a right off.

IMG_4402p_zps6e2b291e.jpg

IMG_4403_zps129d47f3.jpg

IMG_4404_zpsfb558056.jpg

:worried:

Bloody hell, well done for getting out of the way. Was there a reason why she was on the wrong side of the road?

That is the million pound question but because she was told never to admit so its going to be one of those unsolved riddles.

Ahhh bless her, she must of been so confused.

Glad to here you're alright mate and no lives were lost.

Bless her? The daft old bat should be done for dangerous driving, if it was lets say a young lad everyone would of jumped on the band wagon slating him all sorts of names, regardless of age wtf was she playing at?!?

So so lucky there mate

Hopefully your car is getting repaired and back to its previous unique looks. Would be a shame for the car to end there :worried:

A lady born in 1907 competely trashed my mk1 golf, in 2001. Do the math.

She drove into the back of me doing around 100, and I was braking to a halt in 1st gear for a stationary car up ahead... Needless to say I rammed into the people pushing the stationary car, and drove over a lady, unavoidably... :mad:

I feel no pain for these grave-dodgers!

Ok maybe just a little... :rolleyes:

But seriously, driver's licences should be revoked after a certain age... Till this day I have to suffer with terrible neck ache (daily), and scoliosis... Not cool...

Bless her? The daft old bat should be done for dangerous driving, if it was lets say a young lad everyone would of jumped on the band wagon slating him all sorts of names, regardless of age wtf was she playing at?!?

So so lucky there mate

Couldn't have put it better

Many oap's I feel are a liability, you see stories all the time of them driving on the wrong side ect...

Not only that they can cause road rage by going too slow, and would be useless in an emergency while driving, as their reactions must be shiite.

I think they should make everyone over 60 have a test every 2 years to make site they're still up for it

Can't believe people are say "poor old dear" etc, she is a motorist on the road she should be driving with due care and attention like everyone else Is supposed to, as said if this was a young lad he would of gotten torn a new one, the older generation should be test periodically, they are often a danger on the road without even realising,

What if you were a cyclist, moto or pedal going up that hill, that would of been that for you

Couldn't have put it better

Many oap's I feel are a liability, you see stories all the time of them driving on the wrong side ect... What about foreigners? Liability - kids drink driving? Being drugged up, I wonder what those percentages are. Ban them all!? haha :smiley:

Not only that they can cause road rage by going too slow, and would be useless in an emergency while driving, as their reactions must be shiite.
Er.. Chill the f'ck out? Different people react differently, loving your generalization here. They're probably paying more attention on the road than most in all fairness, they're not worrying what that latest tune was on the radio blaring out or to text mummy they're coming home..

I think they should make everyone over 60 have a test every 2 years to make site they're still up for it
F'cking love to see you implement this, over 60 every 2 years, are you frigging mental. Being 62 doesn't make you any less of a driver than at 45. :clap::clap:

And the younger drivers doing the exact same as the oaps do about them....

Tarring the whole bunch with one brush!!

Glad you're ok, Age aside if she was driving dangerously then she should be dealt with like any other person on the road.

Age is no excuse.

always been a firm believer that you should have to re-take a refresher driving test at certain times...

I hate old people, I hate old drivers even more. We have a garden centre near where I live and it attracts them like flies around ****. They can't drive for toffee, never indicate or if they do, indicate off the roundabout which is use nor ornament. I've almost hit about 5 of them when they don't indicate around the small roundabout on a 40mph road that leads onto the garden centre.

They're billies.

I hate old people, I hate old drivers even more. We have a garden centre near where I live and it attracts them like flies around ****. They can't drive for toffee, never indicate or if they do, indicate off the roundabout which is use nor ornament. I've almost hit about 5 of them when they don't indicate around the small roundabout on a 40mph road that leads onto the garden centre.

They're billies.

unfortunately we will all get there one day....

Age has nothing to do with how good a driver you are, I no some late teen earlier 20's drivers that are awful. It's just like everything else some people are good at driving and some are crap