All 4 corners being done!

Meado

Gold Member
Hey guys,

gonna be ordering 4 new tyres all round on payday! Just checking if people have recommendations? Currently has the contis on and to be honest they're sh**... As a family car we used too have a 172 from new for 10 years and always had Michelin pilot exaltos and swears by them.

any recommendations guys?

Thanks in advance,
jake

Depends how you use the car really. The Nankang NS -2R is a favorite amongst a lot of members. I can do good deals on those or Yokohama AD08R'S, Federal 595's etc.

Have a look in the tyre section there's loads of reviews for the different tyres.

Depends how you use the car really. The Nankang NS -2R is a favorite amongst a lot of members. I can do good deals on those or Yokohama AD08R'S, Federal 595's etc.

Have a look in the tyre section there's loads of reviews for the different tyres.

More general day driving but when anything tries chasing I tend too have a heavy right foot! Drive it how it's supposed to be driven right?

I would go for Eagle F1's if I were you. Really good tyre for day to day driving and very reasonably priced

[MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] out of interest how much do you do AD08r for?

Back on topic I have Eagle F1s on mine and think they are a great improvement over the Conti. Will probably try either AD08r or Nankangs next.

i would get the AD08r's..got the ad08's on and have to say that they have been brilliant for everyday use...

What sortve mileage do you get off the front and backs?

Erm I couldn't give you a mileage. I only have them on the rear so they'll wear much slower there than the front. I have done a very hot trackday at Bedford with them and about 15k road miles and I think they still have something like 5mm tread on. I would say they wear very well personally. The AD08Rs are a great tyre but they cost more, wear quicker and are probably overkill for a family car on the road.

The more I've looked into this Goodyear eagle f1s are having lots of reviews saying they wear quickly. I was also interested in Dunlop sportmaxx rts but also heard of the same wear problems. I've ended up ordering uniroyal rainsport 3s. Not cheap but grip like mad in both wet and dry, great rating on fuel efficiency and also been out in a few cars with them on and they handle like they're on rails. Wear very well too.

What contis are you running at the moment? Conti sport contact 3's are the standard tyre for this car and are actually very good tyre.

AD08'r are what I use. They are a fantastic tyre. They heat up really quickly and are super grippy when warm. They hold up well cold and wet too which is very impressive, but they are expensive at around £125 a pop.

Mitchelin PS3, Nangkang NS-2R, GY eagle F1 are all highly rated on this forum.

they are not that expensive Luke...Cazan racing have them in 225/45 for £100 a piece...thats a great price...it can be used all year round..

What contis are you running at the moment? Conti sport contact 3's are the standard tyre for this car and are actually very good tyre.

AD08'r are what I use. They are a fantastic tyre. They heat up really quickly and are super grippy when warm. They hold up well cold and wet too which is very impressive, but they are expensive at around £125 a pop.

Mitchelin PS3, Nangkang NS-2R, GY eagle F1 are all highly rated on this forum.

Yeah as currently have the Conti sport 3's, the front are at the end of their life so I'm deciding to change all 4. Been reading on the ad08rs and they seem to wear really quickly, any personal experiences?

goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2s are taking my fancy at the moment!

cheers

they are not that expensive Luke...Cazan racing have them in 225/45 for £100 a piece...thats a great price...it can be used all year round..

Didn't know angel did them at that price. Will get them from Cazan next time. Looks like I got screwed over by demon tweeks last year.

Yeah as currently have the Conti sport 3's, the front are at the end of their life so I'm deciding to change all 4. Been reading on the ad08rs and they seem to wear really quickly, any personal experiences?

goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2s are taking my fancy at the moment!

cheers

Yeah your right bud. They are quite a soft compound, same with the nangkangs really. Should have mentioned that.

Yeah I don't think you'll go wrong with those mate.

cant really comment on how quickly they wear since i only got them last September..not long enough to judge..seem to wear fairly decent up to now...
will be able to tell ya after a track day :tongueout:anic:
yeah luke..215/45's a bit dearer so would go for 225's again..