Alien Green 200 Cup (Kermit)

So after picking up my Alien Green 200 Cup this Saturday just gone (5/4/14) I thought I'd start my project thread..

For a while I had been set on getting a Candy White VW Golf Edition 30, I'd been looking everyday for weeks but no luck as the Candy White is quite rare... got a little bored and thought I'd have a quick look at 200's to come across this..

33,000 miles.
Full service history.
Cup pack.
Recaro's.

After a few phone calls.. and time wasters :whatever: I picked it up the next day.
The previous owner used it as a summer toy so it was always garaged, covered over and only taken out in the dry.

Had a great 2 hour drive home and love it already.

Custom map and ITG panel filter
Goodridge braided lines (Ordered)
ATE Super Blue brake fluid (Ordered)
DS2500's
Brembo HC Discs
Michelin PS3's

I haven't had a chance to get any decent pictures as yet but will try tonight or over the weekend.

ClioAG.jpg

Last edited:
Good choice!
I used to have an Ed30 and they were quick in a straight line but not very fun on a twisty road! You'll have more fun in the clio!

I was gona buy this, I put a deposit down on it and then the guy wanted more money as he had a lot of interest. Guy was a complete c you next Tuesday and didn't keep his word on the deal we made. So glad I didn't get it now considering what I have now. A full fat cupped 200 instead. Didn't get it out of principal in the end. Was half hour away from leaving aswell.

Does look clean, well cheap aswell that's why I put a deposit down on it before viewing it. £6999? I offered him £6750 and had to tax it.

I was right:

[video=youtube;Ae4RqTW5UDU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae4RqTW5UDU[/video]

That was sold through available car near me a while back, I've heard it flies.

Love how it looks.

Wasn't this an ex-press car?

Thanks mate!
Wasn't aware of that until now, was a little disheartened at first watching those videos but it's followed all the right servicing. I have also had an extensive check over the car since buying, no issues what so ever.

Last edited:
Small update:

Plain number plates have arrived along with velco tabs, have a big hate for screws showing and dealer writing!

My Goodridge brake lines also arrived, hopefully get them fitted and bled with ATE Super Blue fluid this weekend.

GRBL.jpg

There seems to be differing views whether owning a 'press car' is a good thing or not. I'm the owner of the one used on 5th gear and the top gear hot lap! Yeah its been thrashed but that's what its meant for!! Its never missed a beat, handles like perfection and is as smooth as anything! Oh, and its always a cool story to say that Plato and the 'Stig' have both driven it :tongueout:

Looking good and I'll be following this as i'm planning to get some Ferodo DS2500's and some new discs to go on mine, just not sure which ones to go for!

Last edited:
There seems to be differing views whether owning a 'press car' is a good thing or not. I'm the owner of the one used on 5th gear and the top gear hot lap! Yeah its been thrashed but that's what its meant for!! Its never missed a beat, handles like perfection and is as smooth as anything! Oh, and its always a cool story to say that Plato and the 'Stig' have both driven it :tongueout:

Looking good and I'll be following this as i'm planning to get some Ferodo DS2500's and some new discs to go on mine, just not sure which ones to go for!

Couldn't put it better myself, I guess you've seen the endless threads on both cars from when they've been up for sale in the past? most of the negative comments are usually from people that have no clue or don't actually have anything to back up saying "I'd never own an ex press car".

Mine's the same, drives perfectly fine and I'm yet to find a single fault.

Thanks, I fitted Goodridge lines this weekend and bled the system with ATE Super Blue, there is a noticeable difference under heavy braking but I'm not overall happy with the stopping power, will be ordering new pads and discs in the next few days so will let you know how I get on!

The harder you drive them when new the stronger they get. I'm sure you got a peach of an engine there:wink:

Thanks, after giving it a few hard drives it all seems solid!

If this example was for sale closer to me I would have possibly bought it despite it being a press car I think you got a fantastic deal. Superb colour. Enjoy :smiley:

Bit of an update from the bank holiday weekend:

Fitted Goodridge lines..pretty straightforward to do and didn't take too long, pleased with the outcome especially under heavy braking there's a noticeable difference. Overall though braking isn't 100% so I'll be ordering DS2500's and Brembo HC's in the next few days, hopefully this should solve the issue.

When doing the pads and discs I'll also be looking to service/refurbish the calipers, I've heard good things about mrpinks pins so that's on the list. From what I've read about stripping down the calipers, is it just a matter of taking out the pistons, giving them a good clean, greasing them and replacing the seals??? Any advice would be great!

Replaced the number plates with new plain ones (£11, bargain!), tidy's the car from the tatty dealer plates with rusty screw marks.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions