Alarm keeps going off

Not sure if this deactivates the alarm but it does on my van, not tried it on the Clio. When you lock the car, hold the button down till it bleeps.

Mine went off a lot today too (at the big Chester meet). People were taking the micky lol. It went off at almost every loud exhaust that went past - and there were alot lol.

Any ideas or is it the boot latch, do people think?

no idea Tom but if you want to turn it off press the start button 5 times in rapid sucession and then lock the car, you will hear a few beeps :smile:

If u lock the car and it beeps constantly then its def ur bonnet plunger that's at fault. I had the same problem with mine renault jus changed the plunger and prob solved.

Bit of an update. After disabling the interior sensors the alarm stopped going off for a week or two but it has started again now. Im thinking it must be a faulty bonnet plunger, would you lot agree? I have a years warranty so it will be done FOC but do I have to prove its faulty?

Bit of an update. After disabling the interior sensors the alarm stopped going off for a week or two but it has started again now. Im thinking it must be a faulty bonnet plunger, would you lot agree? I have a years warranty so it will be done FOC but do I have to prove its faulty?

just tell them!

the alarm is linked in to the can-bus system so the renault clip system might be able to diagnose faults on it

Hi, this is my first time responding. Not sure if your problem is sorted. I have a 63 plate RS CLIO Sport. Mine started with the alarm going off at all times of the day. Sensors were checked, battery too. Nothing found. Did all the recommended disconnect, deactivate interior alarm. Was driving work & neighbours mad! Now, all of a sudden, my sat nav has gone down- no maps found, but upside…. No alarm going off! Only issue is, no garage will touch my car as I’ve been told this morning ‘ needle in a haystack?’ I don’t know where to turn. That’s from an electrical point of view. ‍♀️

Hi, this is my first time responding. Not sure if your problem is sorted. I have a 63 plate RS CLIO Sport. Mine started with the alarm going off at all times of the day. Sensors were checked, battery too. Nothing found. Did all the recommended disconnect, deactivate interior alarm. Was driving work & neighbours mad! Now, all of a sudden, my sat nav has gone down- no maps found, but upside…. No alarm going off! Only issue is, no garage will touch my car as I’ve been told this morning ‘ needle in a haystack?’ I don’t know where to turn. That’s from an electrical point of view. ‍♀️
I'd start with checking for water ingress in your passenger footwell. That can sometimes cause the plugs to become corroded on the passenger side, somebody posted about it a few weeks back and this was the cause of their issues... If you find plugs, unplug them and check for corrosion - won't hurt to spray some contact cleaner in them either.

Alternatively, you could check the UHC/fuse box in the engine bay. These are sometimes prone to getting water in if the box lid seal has corroded/worn away. Check by pulling fuses and relays one by one and checking for corrosion.

These aren't particularly difficult places to access and check but it certainly sounds like it is electrical so start with the basics and logistically run through to the more difficult troubleshooting processes as you tick off the easier items.

RE Satnav - I've not seen or had much experience as I tend to mount my phone to a holder and use Google Maps. Possibly somebody else who may be able to assist on this one.

I would suggest starting your own thread and document your findings so other people can offer their assistance :smile: