aftermarket panel filter

is there any gain/detrement to fitting an aftermarket panel filter in the oe airbox on a 200?just after a bit of extra induction noise and bit better breathing,have always had good results with k&N panel filters but this has been on forced induction cars,dont want to do anything detremental to performance.

many thanks

most people on here use itg panel filters, is the best and cheapest way. some can tell the difference others cant, you will deffo get a noise increase. im using pipercross at the min, no different to itg. hopes this helps.

I've got an ITG on mine and I think it's good. Not for performance exceptionally but the noise and throttle responce are improved IMO.

thanks for the help guys,not expecting hp increase i know that these type of bolt on mods are little or no use on N/A cars without serious supporting mods just dont want to make the car run worse.tuning forced induction cars is so easy lol

Will do some homework and check prices and choose from there. Takes some getting used to the vvt find myself using the revs at the expense of the fuel consumption. IMHO the 200 has just enough torque between 2-3k revs for everyday driving whilst keeping the MPG reasonable,its almost as bad as my evo when going for it lol

Will do some homework and check prices and choose from there. Takes some getting used to the vvt find myself using the revs at the expense of the fuel consumption. IMHO the 200 has just enough torque between 2-3k revs for everyday driving whilst keeping the MPG reasonable,its almost as bad as my evo when going for it lol
itg from CAMSKILL £40 delivered mate

I have a Green Panel in my 200. But well, i have no comparison to others. We all know that those Panels dont make a big difference, at least in what you feel or hear. So just get what you want. I got the Green because i had the Twisters in my old cars but since living in Switzerland and them not allowed here i took the Panel one.

I personally would stick with piper or ITG as green filters are "wet" with their filtering method, used in a lot of high performance vehicles as the filter can be a less tight weave because of this but need to be re oiled more regularly as far as I know. Although in this car it should not be an issue, but in those with a MAF that has a fine wire it can cause issues and has been brought up on some forums.

I hope this helps and is all correct. :eek:

Has anyone tried a green filter on theirs?

Hi,
I got a Green Filter, open air, not panel. I don't know if there is any difference in performance but it sounds great for sure.
You get a reel deep throttle sound on low revs that makes people turn their heads:wink:

Ultimately a 200 ish bhp 2litre n/a is going to be pretty much at its limit power wise.I'm sure Renault engineers have given careful consideration and time to optimising the intake and exhaust and I'm sure most mods will upset the fine balance thus why I'm reluctant to change things unless there is a proven track record of improvement,I'm quite confident that panel filter won't hurt performance has anyone done any back to back testing of airfilters or de-cat mods compared to stock?

Ultimately a 200 ish bhp 2litre n/a is going to be pretty much at its limit power wise.I'm sure Renault engineers have given careful consideration and time to optimising the intake and exhaust and I'm sure most mods will upset the fine balance thus why I'm reluctant to change things unless there is a proven track record of improvement,I'm quite confident that panel filter won't hurt performance has anyone done any back to back testing of airfilters or de-cat mods compared to stock?

One big point is manufactures have stringent limits to work within, such as noise, general public use and emissions. A panel filter allows a wash and re use ability which the general public may forget and damage the vehicle and takes overnight to dry. The exhaust maintains emissions and noise with an improved exhaust to gain maps would need to be specified for the exhaust etc essentially a redesign to see the gains.

Im looking at ordering my ITG panel filter tonight/tomorow.

Anyone know where to get it cheapest? i found camskill @ £40

anywhere cheaper?

Camskill was the cheapest I found, but I don't rate there customer service very highly. They sent me an email after I placed my order saying that they won't take the payment until they can confirm it is in stock. And guess what, they did exactly the opposite. Took the money, it was out of stock, so I had to wait 10 days after they took payment! When I emailed them the guy was an arse and they don't answer the phone either!

I'm using an ITG Panel Filter. I picked mine up from K-Tec Racing for around £50 I think it was. Have to say K-Tec were great to deal with and delivery only took a couple of days. Oredered Friday, arrived Tuesday. I've had the car for 6 weeks and had the ITG for 5 weeks. There is a difference in MPG for definate, I'm now averaging 30MPG whereas I was only getting around 27MPG previously... I'd say there was a slight increase in noise, nothing over the top though and the throttle response is maybe a little sharper.

I'd reccomend one anyway. :smile: