Advice for buying brand new car

Chrisgti6

East Midlands Rep.
Hi all,

I'm after some tips and advice for buying a brand new car.

Basically my other half wants a 5 dr Seat Ibiza, 1.2 tsi DSG in White. There is a grand total of one used one for sale currently in the UK and it's up for £11k with 9k miles. The list price on them new is about £14.5k

What I need to know is what is the best way of buying brand new at the best price. We are after a straight cash sale, no finance etc.

Please, no comments like 'don't buy new, you'll lose too much money' etc etc.

Cheers

Chris

I'd use a site like www.drivethedeal.com to get an idea of the best price they can give you.

I used them before - and it was crazy how much lower they were than the dealer.

I would then use that as a bargaining chip with wherever you buy it from. They should match or beat it for you.

I'd use a site like www.drivethedeal.com to get an idea of the best price they can give you.

I used them before - and it was crazy how much lower they were than the dealer.

I would then use that as a bargaining chip with wherever you buy it from. They should match or beat it for you.

Thanks for that, not seen that site before. Already down to 12.5k on there!

Yeah it's a good site.

There are probably more sites like that, but I've heard that one mentioned a few times over different forums and they have a good rep.

Was that price off the website or did they phone you?

I've been given even cheaper quotes for the exact spec after speaking to a person on the phone.

I don't know if you're looking to p/x - but don't think they will take p/x

Yeah it's a good site.

There are probably more sites like that, but I've heard that one mentioned a few times over different forums and they have a good rep.

Was that price off the website or did they phone you?

I've been given even cheaper quotes for the exact spec after speaking to a person on the phone.

I don't know if you're looking to p/x - but don't think they will take p/x

That was just on the website, i might give them a ring see what they come up with. No, we're not looking to part ex just an outright sale.

Chris

that drive the deal site is mentioned a lot of times in motoring magazines

might also be worth phoning round some dealers and asking them for deals on cash sale BEFORE you go see them - see what they will offer !

as fox says, ring round.

Cash deals are very favourable at the moment.

I used to use the whatcar? target price as my starting point, then play a couple of dealers off against each other especially towards the end of the month and towards school holiday time, the salesmen usually like the commission in time for holidays

Sorted, thanks everyone.

Ordered exactly what she wanted plus a couple of extras.

Brand new (62 plate) Ibiza 1.2 tsi with the 7 speed dsg box (which is awesome, you literally can't tell when it's changed)
Solid white
Upgrade 16" alloys
Upgrade tinted windows
Some mats

All for £12,600. Not bad considering the car is £14,105 rrp and the options were £365ish. Picking it up sept 1st.

At least I can stop adding miles to mine then!

Thanks again for the advice everyone.

Chris

Similar Thread Suggestions