Advice Clio 197 F1

Shedofdread

Paid Member
Hi All,

I have a Liquid yellow clio 197 F1. But with many other projects i am notsure i have the time to bring it up to Sale condition and shame it is sitting there.

Rear 3 quater panel has some dents.
Alloys could do with refurbishment.
Have parts do change to all braided hoses.
condender needs changing and regassed (have a new condenser).
leaky exhaust.
currently no MOT.
Car does start.
90,087 Miles.

So what could i get for it these days in its current state?

Last edited:
Pics will help, The market is all over the place, on one hand it has issues but on the other its a sought after colour with decent mileage. At the end of the day, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Here is a few pics

Attachments

• 20230126_145515 (2).jpg
    20230126_145515 (2).jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 52
  • 20230309_115656.jpg
    20230309_115656.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 49
  • 20230309_120314.jpg
    20230309_120314.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 52
  • 20230309_120417.jpg
    20230309_120417.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 53
I’d also say 3k. Looking at the picture it seems to also need the handles painting and rip on the passenger recaro fixing.

A potential buyer will also pick up on these things up and haggle, more so for a LY as they’ll most likely be paying top dollar due to the colour.

IMO you’re either best of selling as is or fixing all the issues and getting it into mint condition which would then allow you to ask for an even higher price.

Last edited:
Minimim 5-6k done, in the current market easily.

If it was me, I’d make it mint. Sort the paint, sort the niggles, get the belts done and it serviced.

If you decide not to do the work and sell the car as it is then take out the Recaros and sell them separately. They are probably worth about £1,000, if not a bit more.

If I was in your position and had the money I would sort it out and sell it. Liquid yellow is a sought after colour and people may pay a bit more for a well sorted liquid yellow car.

Reactions: Tarticmonkey
If you do end up wanting to take the seats out, I will have some standard fronts coming out of mine in the not too distant future

Thanks all. I've sorted most of the car minus the rear 3 quater panel, thanks for the offer to buy the Recaros but i'd rather sell this as a complete car

Has an MOT until July 2024.
Fresh service.
Freshly powder coated alloys.
Cambelt was done at 61,400 miles (same as waterpump and reduction gear).
Brembos sent away for refurbishing and repainted, braided hoses, new discs and pads.
Has bilstein b14 coilovers.
Have strut braces as spares.

What do you reckon now? Anyone interested in a Liquid yellow to make their own project? Haha