Adding Cup suspension/struts

MissMagpiev6

Paid Member
I'd like my standard 197 slightly lower, just 30/40mm but am told its best on cup suspension with my choice of springs (thinking H&R)

Now, whats involved in changing the standard parts to cup parts please?

Do I need anything extra or is it just a case of swapping them over?

Many thanks :thumbup1:

Straight swap. :thumbsup:

You'll need a set of Cup Dampers (£250-ish) and of course whichever Springs you fancy, I use the H&R and can't fault them. It's a stiff setup, but it's very good. The rears are a piece of p!ss, literally a couple of bolts each side, but the fronts are a little more involved. I think there may be a guide on here for how to do it DIY, but expect to pay 2-3 hours labour if you go to a garage. It's not a huge job, it's just easier if you have a ramp etc..

Cheers very much! My brother will get the job, need new discs/pads all round so will try & get it all done at the same time.

Really helpful site :smile:

May as well throw some Braided Hoses on too whilst you're at it then, that's what I did. :smile:

I can recommend eibach springs on full fat dampers, only slightly harsher than standard. The eibachs are meant to be a softer ride than the H&Rs.

And changing the front springs is a complete bitch of a job! Took me 8 hours with no how to guide and I'm fairly experienced on changing springs. It would probably take me 4 or 5 hours without a ramp now I know what I'm doing.