Accelerator "Click"

I noticed on my car earlier and a previous demo car. That you can push the accelerator pedal about 95% of the way down and it will stop...

With a bit of pressure it then clicks and moves another half an inch or so?

What's the purpose of that? My dealership didn't know and I don't dare push it that far yet :smiley:

Its not for the cruise control, it’s for the speed limiter, if say you set it at 50 and you need to speed up you can push the accelerator pedal until it clicks and it will override the limit instead of fumbling around trying to find the switch.

Cruise control is automatically disengaged if your press any of the pedals (not sure about clutch)

Cruise control does not dis-engage if i press on the accelerator it just overrides it until the accelerator pedal released at which point it reverts back to the speed i had set it too...

It does dis-engage when you press down on the brake or clutch pedal...

Dont press the clutch to disable the cruise control in a Focus. The engine red lines until it realises whats its doing! s**t myself first time it happened.

Aha! Confirmed, i found it in the book, its the threshold for overiding the speed limiter...

And i thought it was a hyperspace button :worried:

And i thought it was a hyperspace button :worried:

Oh it is mate at least thats what my GF calls it lol! If you have it depressed that far you are going to be shifting! TBH it took me a whilt to find out you can press through the click lol, I dont know what it was but I must drive with very light feet!

Try the following:

1st gear, speed limiter to the lowest setting, reach the limit, press the pedal slowly to the "click-point". Then let all horses go. Nice effect the first time... :biggrin: